router wifi with deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

router wifi with deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
router wifi with deco
router wifi with deco
2019-12-23 10:42:54
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

i Have a TP link router VR2800 i've alsdo configured 3 tp-link deco M9 plus into my home

mow i see 2 wifi network the mesh one and the one of the  router

do i have to turn off the wifi of the VR2800 or i need simply to take them both?

i conncected the first Deco with lan calbe to the router the other 2 configured Via wifi

let me know

thank you

Options
7 Reply
Re:router wifi with deco
2019-12-24 01:57:23

@Franklindee 

It is up to you to disable the wifi function of the Archer V2800 or not; Both wifi networks will work, but no mesh feature supported by the Archer VR2800. 

In my opinion, the Deco can broadcast mesh wifi network and the main Deco connects to the Archer VR2800 by wired cable, theoretically, the main Deco can cover the wifi range of the Archer VR2800, to avoid wifi interference and get much cleaner channel, you can disable the wifi function of Archer VR2800. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-12-24 07:01:27

@Kevin_Z 

Quick question about similar setup with AX6000 - is this router supporting the mesh functionality of Deco?

Options
2019-12-24 07:08:15

@Kevin_Z  what mesh function are you talking about??

i'm tinking ti turn off the wifi of the truter ad all the devices must be connected to the same wofo network to work with apple homekit

let me know

thanks

Options
2019-12-24 08:51:22 - last edited 2019-12-24 08:53:00

@Franklindee 

Hi. I'm talking about this:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/716

And this statement:

https://www.tp-link.com/pl/onemesh/compatibility/

Archer AX6000 (V1.0)

TP-Link

AX6000 Mesh Next-Gen MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router

Is this somethink different than Deco Mesh?

If yes, it is simply confusing...

Options
2019-12-25 02:30:34

@Enriquez 

Hello, the Archer AX6000 is included into the Onemesh compatibility list, the corresponding firmware will be released in the near future. 

While the Onemesh feature is different from the Deco mesh; For the Onemesh, there is only one router needed to build up the Onemesh network with some network expansion devices together, like range extender. While the Deco supports mesh function in router and access point mode both. Different Deco products can build up the mesh network together. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-12-27 11:52:03

Hi all, i live in Italy and i just got the connection form TIM my provider they have told me that the tp link is not good for the type of connection i have has is a FTTC and i don't have the Voip connection behind the router i cannort connect to the itnerned

does anyone else got the same issue?

thanks

Options
2019-12-30 01:11:51

@Franklindee 

Hello, what is the model number of your product? 

How do you connect the internet source to the router? By wired cable, fiber or DSL cable(phone cable)? If it is wired cable, then it can connect to the WAN port of the Deco and configure it with the username and password given by ISP. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1895

Replies: 7

Related Articles