Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
140 Reply
Re:Wifi Router randomly rebooting
2020-10-14 17:49:07

@Kevin_Z Hi, I have the exact same issue after the last firmware update, can you help me?

Kevin_Z wrote

@swuggmaister  @dmk 

Hi, thanks very much for the details. To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2020-10-15 06:03:47 - last edited 2020-10-15 07:25:14

I have the same problem with random rebooting. This is not only annoying, but also disrupting my working day as I am having troubles during the online meetings

Options
2020-10-16 22:26:18

Hi @Kevin_Z 

I have the same issue with my AC1200. These are my details:

AC1200 

Firmware Version 2.0.2 Build 20180117 rel.70858 (US)

Dynamic IP

• When the router restarts, all the LEDs turn off and then on automatically.  The internet is temporarily down then recovers.

• AC1200 operation mode is Wireless router, connected to ISP Modem. No other range extenders or switch are connected to network.

• Dynamic IP.

• 19 devices connected, 1 of those wired. 

• It was working fine for the last 3 years, nothing change on my network. Restarts happened randomly it could be while watching streaming service, checking email or just regular browsing.

• Original adapter is being used and all devices in my house are stable.

• This issue started around a month ago.

Options
2020-10-17 07:20:16

@AlfredoGacor 

Exactly the same problem here, with my C1200 started about some months ago.

Hardware version: Archer C1200 v1.0

Firmware version: 1.1.3 Build 20180124 rel.52299 (EU)

No updates... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Options
2020-10-18 08:13:51

I tried almost every setting of the router and nothing helps. It's restarting completely randomly - yesterday router was working about 23 hours without any problems and I was thinking, that I found source of problem. But then, cold water bucket, and here we are again.

At Friday they offered me two more things - replacing router for new unit (I asked what for if source of problem is in software, not in hardware - they not replied to that question), and replacing unit for another cheaper models (slower CPU, only one USB port etc.). When I was initially buying this router (previous hardware version) about 3-4 years ago it was one of two highest models (in line with C4000 - but design of C9 was much better than black box with lot of antennas). I asked them to give me money back, not replacing unit by something that doesn't fit my needs and choices.

And now I'm still with not working router, they are not respoding because they have weekend and nobody cares. Quality support.

Options
2020-10-18 20:28:25

@SaMuElSerge 

Same problem here! Randomly reboots.

Options
2020-10-19 02:42:13

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, I think I found the issue for my router rebooting and this might help you.

I have an Archer C9 

firmware: 1.2.4 Build 20190403 rel.63869

I rebooted my router and checked the DHCP server lease time for the clients and the reboot (all LED's turn off) happen almost exactly when the lease time is up for my devices. Idea on how to fix this?

Options
Re:Wifi Router randomly rebooting-Solution
2020-10-19 03:13:32 - last edited 2020-10-19 03:13:53

@jt52474   @Mr-C   @AlfredoGacor   @UserGBB 

Hello all, sorry for any inconvenience caused for the reboot issue you encountered with the Archer C1200 router.

Our developers have provided a beta firmware for it, please download and install it to give it a go:

Archer C1200(EU)_V1: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200103/Archer C1200(EU)_V1_180308(Beta).zip

Archer C1200(EU)_V2: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200103/Archer C1200(EU)_V2_180308(Beta).zip

Archer C1200(US)_V1: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200103/Archer C1200(US)_V1_180308(Beta).zip

Archer C1200(US)_V2: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200103/Archer C1200(US)_V2_180307(Beta).zip

Below is the guidance to install it manually on your router (Method 2):

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/

Note: This beta firmware is mainly built for the auto-reboot issue on the Archer C1200 router, if yours is not the auto-reboot issue, DON'T upgrade to this firmware. Meanwhile, please verify the hardware version and region version first before the upgrade, a wrong firmware upload may brick your device and void the warranty, thanks a lot~

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-19 03:22:40

@Rafagdl    @RBL.Scarecro 

Hello, apologies for any issue caused by the router.

Can you please confirm are you running the latest firmware on the Archer C7? Does this auto-reboot issue occur after you updated the router firmware? Try to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again.

When and where did you purchase the router? Please confirm all the basic info and we will try to figure it out:

When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

May I have your network layout, how is the C7 connected in your network? Are there any other range extenders or switch in the network? If yes, try to remove it first and confirm again.

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C7 WAN or PPPoE? 

How many devices are connected to C7, wired, and wirelessly? 

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C7 to restart, such as high loading or real-time calls? 

Is it the original power adapter on the C7? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?

Thanks a lot~

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-10-19 03:28:13

@Log 

Hello, we would like to follow it up via email, please check your email box and respond, thanks.

Options
Related Articles