WPA security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WPA security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:WPA security
2020-08-19 10:10:47

@tp-link: Please add the security protocol selection feature to M5 ASAP. Current set of protocols include outdated and very unsecure ones. (Kali linux is your friend).

In my oppinion even simply disable the protocols below wpa2 and aes would be also acceptable. 

Options
2020-08-19 12:19:10

@DGT After seeing your post, it reminded me how stupid this is that a networking device company does not have a CURRENT product up to date with CURRENT security protocols!! This is just crazy to me. I mean, I bought this at Costco and it has been working great, but the very limited flexibility in the app, no option to log into the router itself, and now the outdated security, I'm going to return. I mean, if a company that provides networking equipment doesn't even have their hardware up to date with current protocols, how safe can you feel using their equipment? I still can't get over this fact. And I've been following these threads for a while, and rarely ever see them address anything like this, update the app, add functionality based on feedback, etc etc. Horrible response, and I can see why these are the 'lower cost' option when buying.

Options
Options
2020-09-17 10:21:51

I have TL-WA855RE version 4, I just update the latest firmware and still no wireless ecurity settings or option for AES over TKIP, now all connected devices say it is not secure! This is no good for a TP product.

Options
2020-09-17 11:24:43
Wow, I asked for this way back in December 2019 and there's still no sign of it being resolved anytime soon.
Options
Re:WPA security-Solution
2020-09-18 03:43:24 - last edited 2020-09-18 03:43:37

@DGT  @Victorbd  @andsoitgoes  @B.M  @Simmons76  @StA  @zybex 

Hello,

We have released the beta firmware for the Deco device to allow you to change the security type now, please refer to the below post for more details:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/227662

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles