One Mesh with 2x AC1750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

One Mesh with 2x AC1750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
One Mesh with 2x AC1750
One Mesh with 2x AC1750
2019-10-20 20:50:24
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: latest

I have 2 x AC1750

1 is configured as router and another is configured as AP.

With the new MeshOne... i would like to take advantage of it and configure mesh network.

Any idea how ? i see the other router listed in the MeshOne, but when i click add, it fails imiddietly.

ideas ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:One Mesh with 2x AC1750
2019-10-21 02:27:49

@AviZ 

Hello, the Archer C7 V5 does support onemesh feature in wireless router mode, while it is not supported by AP mode. 

Reasons as below:

1. In a mesh network, only one Mesh router is needed; 

2. Usually, we use a mesh router and the network expansion devices which supports onemesh feature together to build up a mesh network. Like the range extender or powerline adapters. 

Note: You can verify the Onemesh compatibility list. https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/

While the Archer C7 V5 supports WDS feature, you can enable it to connect the 2nd router to the first main one to boost the wifi signal.

Or you can return one of it and get a range extender or so.

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-10-22 08:30:55 - last edited 2019-10-22 09:25:27

@Kevin_Z 

This is very disappointing. I bought the two routers specially because of https://www.tp-link.com/il/onemesh/compatibility/ It do not say anywhere that one mesh is not working in AP mode. So Archer C7 to Archer C7 should work according to this.. which is very misleading. i've just bought 2 x AC1750 5 days ago based on the advertisment that it should work, to find out that it's not working in AP mode. Very disappointing and misleading.

Options
2019-10-22 10:03:04

@AviZ 

I see, thanks for your reply.

We have reminded our related engineer to make the description more accurate and more precisely. 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here and we will work on it. 

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-22 18:37:40

@AviZ I face the exact issue... and it totally doesnt help that iOS does not handover to the stronger wifi signal automatically it seems. Horrible marketing

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 7955

Replies: 4

Related Articles