Wireless Extender Recommendations Needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-07 06:16:49 - last edited 2019-10-10 13:03:33
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 324r5tg

Hi Guys,

I have a Linksys WRT3200ACM ( OpenWRT 18.06.4 ) and it's running quite nicely apart from the fact that the network doesn't really reach upstairs, even if the wireless power is cranked right up. Does anybody know of a simple, and cheap, way of getting the wireless working upstairs? new projects in mumbai

I was looking at wireless extenders I've never used one of those before and I'm not sure I fully appreciate what they do compared to using WDS. I'm guessing they're not the same thing because the few devices I've looked at haven't even mentioned WDS in the documentation. The Apple kit I had ages ago was set up using WDS but the Airport Extreme I have doesn't do WDS with non-Apple kit so that's a bust. property in mumbai

I did try re-appropriating a spare router or two I have lying around but they all seem to need a wired connection and that's one thing I can't do because I can't run the cable up one floor.

I just need something simple and cheap that means I get something more than dial-up speeds upstairs. Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless Extender Recommendations Needed
2019-10-08 07:17:30

@josephrawns 

For the linksys router, you can contact their tech support to get some help.

At our end, we TP-Link do have some range extenders which can be used to boost wifi signal, like RE450, RE650. 

Unlike the WDS feature of wireless router, the range extender is designed to boost wifi network via wireless connection. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 1

Related Articles