Best Setup to include Hardwired Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-01 17:47:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190620

Hi Guys,

So I've been on with tech support but not really getting anywhere. I'm looking to set up by system to use the Deco M4 x3 alongside my hard wired network.

Equipment I'm using: Internet is a 3G/4G dongle Huawei E3372, connected by usb to a Tp-Link Archer VR2600. My home is hardwired and anything that can be connected by hard cable is, this is achieved through a tp-link 24 port unmanaged switch.

I can get the system up an running by having the Deco's in access point mode, have one connected to the Archer vr2600, one at the other end of the house connected with a network cable to my house LAN and one in another room connected with WiFi.

My question is... I have kids in the house and would like to have the benefits of the Decos in router mode so that I can have parental controls etc, from the app.

So far I havn't been able to get this to work correctly. What I'm thinking is this setup below:

Dongle----->VR2600----->Deco1 =====Wifi====Deco3 & phones, ipads etc.

I-----24 port switch------Lan devices (Sonos,PS4,FireBox)

------Deco2

I take it I need to turn off the DHCP server in the VR2600 as if I don't, there seems to be 2 separate networks running and some devices won't communicate with others. When I turn it off and switch the Deco to router mode, it doesn't see the internet.

Any ideas whare i'm going wrong here?

Thanks

Philip

Options
2 Reply
Re:Best Setup to include Hardwired Devices
2019-10-02 07:32:26 - last edited 2019-10-02 07:34:16

You don't have to switch off the dhcp-server on the internet-router.

The Deco itself will run in routermode and provide dhcp-service

only for the clients behind him.

Dongle ==> Archer (DHCP) ==>

1. Deco WAN-Side (get IP from Archer)

==> 1. Deco LAN-Side (provides IP-Addresses for LAN) ==> Switch ==> other clients

==> wired ==> 3. Deco

==> wifi ==> 2. Deco

Give it a try.

greets 

Holger

Options
Re:Best Setup to include Hardwired Devices
2019-10-04 08:33:51

@Holger ok, will try again! I'll update you on how it turns out!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 757

Replies: 2

Related Articles