Deco - Start network - Switch going offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-16 13:07:50
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Recently I have installed the Deco M4 in star-network. (Modem --> Deco base station --> switch --> Deco stations).

I essence it all works fine and I'm happy with the wifi. But my switch keeps going off-line. After ~1 day my switch goes off-line and needs a reset and things work fine again.

This switch is was already in my network before I've installed the Deco and was working flawless. So my assumption is this is caused by the installation of the Deco.

When my switch goes off-line, my ethernet is not working any more causing all kinds of issues :-(

- Deco is in "access point" mode

- Wifi of my router is "off"

- Fast roaming is "on"

- both 2.4 and 5 GHz enabled

Any suggestions?

(ps: firmware upgrades have been executed, so I'm on the latest firmware)

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco - Start network - Switch going offline
2019-09-17 01:26:25

@IwanvB 

What is the model number of the switch?

When the switch stops working, can you get internet from the Deco base station and the modem directly? 

In the meantime, please connect your computer to the switch directly and click here to verify the IP address and gateway. 

Note: You can show us a status-details page. 

Besides, you can connect the slave Deco units to the main Deco, bypass the switch to verify whether the whole mesh wifi system works well.

May it help and have a good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-09-17 07:39:41 - last edited 2019-09-17 07:43:38

@IwanvB 

My switch is a Cisco SE2800 (8 port gigaswitch). And yes, internet (Wifi) remains working in the Deco, this means the connection from the ISP is stable. When everyting is connected straight to the switch, all is flawless.

In the mean time I'm trying some other solutions: The Main-Deco now has a fixed IP-address instead of 'random' address via DHCP....still have to wait for the results the coming hours/day to see if this is a stable solution.

Options
2019-09-17 20:12:17

@IwanvB 

...I also see the system log files, almost logging issue/messages very second. Below a small snapshot....might there be a relation? Is this normal? (changed some of the MAC-addresses manual in this post)

Tue Sep 17 21:57:57 2019 daemon.notice nrd[4516]: wlanifBSteerEventsHandleBeaconReport: Beacon report from BC:FE:D9:26:84:ZZZZZ: APId 255 ChanId 36 ESSId 0 rcpi: -64

Tue Sep 17 21:57:57 2019 daemon.notice nrd[4516]: wlanifBSteerEventsHandleBeaconReport: Beacon report from BC:FE:D9:26:84:ZZZZZ: APId 0 ChanId 36 ESSId 0 bssid 68:FF:7B:84:8F:ZZZZZZZZZ rcpi: -76

Tue Sep 17 21:57:57 2019 daemon.notice nrd[4516]: wlanifBSteerEventsHandleBeaconReport: Beacon report from BC:FE:D9:26:84:ZZZZZZZ: APId 1 ChanId 36 ESSId 0 bssid 68:FF:7B:75:1A:ZZZZZZZZ rcpi: -75

Tue Sep 17 21:57:57 2019 daemon.notice nrd[4516]: stadbEntry_modifyTriggerThreshold: For client BC:FE:D9:26:84:ZZZZZZZZ RSSI: 18 | RCPI: -64 | threshold RSSI: 20

Tue Sep 17 21:58:00 2019 daemon.notice nrd[4516]: estimatorPerformMeasurement: Do 11k measuremrent for DC:08:0F:5A:C6:ZZZZZZZZZ on channel 3 from serving BSS APId 255 ChanId 3 ESSId 0

Options
2019-09-18 07:58:18

@IwanvB 

Thanks for your reply.

Cause the internet remains working in the Deco when switch goes offline, the Deco should be working well. Instead, we need do some troubleshooting on the Cisco switch.

And you can take some time to test the stability after you change the IP to static of the main Deco.

Besides, per we said before, you can give a call to Cisco and try to locate the issue together. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1497

Replies: 4

Related Articles