Deco P7 no powerline backhaul indication in app (firmware 1.3.1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P7 no powerline backhaul indication in app (firmware 1.3.1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
64 Reply
Re:Deco P7 no powerline backhaul indication in app (firmware 1.3.1)
2019-12-27 10:33:26

@Kevin_Z  Hi Kevin, it seems like a lot of people have the same frustration about the powerline backhaul, which does not seem to work as advertised. Also seems odd to go through all the detailed support steps just to get something to work the way it should out of the box. It clearly is not plug and play and also doesnt work as advertised. I am going back to my previous system (Orbi) which was true out of the box "plug and play". And I aml sure I can find a powerline add on for the blind spots in my house.

Options
2019-12-27 21:18:34

@Martijnsx Exactly what I think. I didn't do the detailed review of the problem, but could tell that something didn't add up. So ultimately it is a big scam. I am cutious why some people review the product on Amazon and say the complete opposit of what a regular user like us is experiencing. Probably paid reviews?

Options
2019-12-27 21:23:20 - last edited 2019-12-27 21:31:46

@CMZ 

Well, i deleted my post because i have found the powerline is actually working!

The deco's go offline. However, they came back after a minute or so. I tested the speed and got some 70 mbit. I think this is not possible with only the 5ghz band enabled since it will not go trough the ceiling/floors.

At least my fritzbox 7590 and 7490 did not trough the ceiling/floor at the 5ghz band.

So i guess the powerline must be active.

Or the 2.4g is only deactivated for the user and the backhaul is still using the 2.4. But this i can not see :(

Options
2020-03-30 15:05:33

@Martijnsx It should be the latter case, the powerline has a separate channel for communication between devices. if you disable 2.4 it will still connect through it's own channels. It's rediculous was mine is always at max 1 bar. My electricity should be great for powerline as it's a new house.

I'm really annoyed seeing this beign the case as I noticed everyday a long ass drop from my deco upstairs (which sees most traffic), is likely because it won't use powerline.

Options
Related Articles