ipcamera not shouwn in device list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-04 08:49:14
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 build 20190117

Hi there,

I have succesfully replaced my old router + wifi repeater with a mesh system of three Deco P7. I used the same ssid and password of the old router, so everything has been sort of transparent. All is fine but one thing: one of my ipcameras (an external chinese camera whose brand I don't know, and that was working fine before) does not appear in the Deco devices list, although it is correctly connected to the wifi network.

I know it is connected because it is configured with a static IP, and I can reach it with a browser from my PC connected to the home LAN.

I need to access this ipcamera from outside, using DDNS and Port forwarding. But the port forwarding feature requires that the device is in the devices list since you cannot force manually an IP.

What can this be?

thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:ipcamera not shouwn in device list
2019-09-05 02:13:26

@cuginosgrizzo 

Thanks for your requesting. 

The network devices dropdown menu lists the devices connecting to the Deco network with dynamic IP; that is why the IP camera is not here cause it uses the static IP.

To make you access it remotely, you can change the static IP to dynamic IP and reserve an IP address for it via the DHCP address reservation feature, and then the IP camera will get fixed IP address even though it uses dynamic IP. Then you can setup the port forwarding.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1795/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:ipcamera not shouwn in device list
2019-09-05 05:53:43

Hi Kevin, thank you for your answer, but that is not true. In my network I have two more cameras and nine smart switches, all set to static IPs, and they show correctly in the devices list of Deco.

I discovered a new strange thing: Via browser I can reach that same camera at 2 different IPs: 192.168.1.202 and 192.168.1.12. (and believe me this camera does not have two network interfaces) This second IP is showing in the devices list. Is this a net mask issue? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:ipcamera not shouwn in device list
2019-09-06 02:11:21

@cuginosgrizzo 

First, we have experienced that some devices cannot be detected as network/online devices due to they use static IP; so you can just give it a go by setting up the address reservation and dynamic IP.

Second, what is the IP address on the camera itself? one of the 2 IPs you saw on the browser? Please show us a screenshot of it as well.

Besides, is this camera detected by the Deco app? If so,please verify the IP address of it on Deco app.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1033

Replies: 3

Related Articles