Impossible to change IP of the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-21 18:14:48
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3

Hi,

I've just bought an Archer c2300. I'd like to change the ip address of the router (default 192.168.0.1) for 192.168.1.1.

In Network>Lan I can modify the address and, when I restart the router I'm blocked on an emply bleu/green TP-Link screen. Impossible to login. I must reset the router and restore my old configuration (192.168.0.1).

Where is the problem ?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Impossible to change IP of the router
2019-07-22 01:43:39

@Jipe 

What is the default gateway of the front-end device/modem? Please ensure that there is no IP conflict between the C2300 and modem.

Once you changed the LAN IP, the router need reboot to apply the settings, so I wanna know are you able to relogin to the web UI with the login username and password when you saw the blue TP-Link login screen? 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Impossible to change IP of the router
2019-07-22 09:46:57

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for trying to help.
The modem gateway was given by my isp (88.164.85.254). This is the one that  the router detect with Dynamic Ip selected. I don't know where to find a confilct with the router.

For the second question, when I change the IP, reboot and arrive on the blue TP-Link blue screen of login, the screen is blank. Nowhere to login. I tried with 192.168.1.1 (new address) and 192.168.0.1(old address). Both have the same result. No place to enter login. But this is not a white screen but a TP-Link screen.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Impossible to change IP of the router
2019-07-23 01:28:20

@Jipe 

88.164.85.254-- it should be the public IP address given by your ISP to get internet, while we need verify the LAN IP of the modem. You can login to the web UI of the modem to check it or you can contact their tech support to get a specific answer.

Once you changed the LAN IP of the TP-Link router and got the login page without username/password box, try to change another web browser or another device to relogin with the new LAN IP you changed. 

Besides, may I know why do you need to change the LAN IP of the TP-Link router? 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Impossible to change IP of the router
2019-07-23 08:15:37

Hi Kevin,

I only can access my modem through my ISP UI and I have not the the ip lan of the modem. But 168.168.1.1 can't be a problem about that because my 2 last routers, different brand, used this address perfectly. I'll ask the info to my isp but I'm not sure of the answer and mostly the delay of this answer.

I usually use Firefox but I've tested changes on Chromium,  Chrome, Vivaldi and Opera. The same result.

At the beginning, I wanted to change the router ip because my Nas Synology was not detected by router. I suspected a conflict with this 192.168.0.1. I finally reseted the nas and all is good now and I don't really need to change the ip router for now. But I'm intrigiued by this impossibility of changing.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Impossible to change IP of the router
2019-07-24 07:00:35

@Jipe 

First, glad to hear that you have got your NAS working, thanks for your feedback. 

As for the LAN IP, there is no limitation on the C2300, you can disconnect it from the front-end device and give it a go, meanwhile, please ensure that there is no IP conflict between the modem and C2300. 

What is more, once you changed the LAN IP, even though it rebooted and get a blank page, you can check whether the LAN IP has been changed successfully by verifying the IP and gateway obtained by your computer. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/ 

Options
Re:Impossible to change IP of the router
2019-07-24 08:52:51

Hi Kevin

I've just made te test, when I change the ip and obtain a blank screen, the lan ip don't change when I check my computer. I don't understand anything.

By the way, the TP-Link faq is of no interest because no word about unix users (like me). It seems that, in the worlds except Windows and MacOS nothing exist. Rageing. Bad point for TP-Link.

Options
Re:Re:Impossible to change IP of the router
2019-07-25 07:36:20

@Jipe 

Try to hard reset the C2300 by holding the reset button/hole for 10s with it powered on.

Then connect your computer or smart phone to it only and login to the web UI to change the LAN IP  address and reboot it to apply the settings. 

The FAQ just lists some common examples existed, like the Windows or Mac.

Meanwhile, you can change another device to give it a go. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1746

Replies: 7

Related Articles