couldn't connect to online players only on tplink router why ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-05 17:58:00 - last edited 2019-06-10 02:09:11
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 180

my problem is i couldn't connected to other players in online games on this router ,, this problem not found on my other routers like netgear or netis ,, i tried everything without solution ,, i tried port forwarding also and QOS ,DMZ nothing works

my game is > kane wrath with port range 8088-65505 i tried opened them without solution 

Options
3 Reply
Re:couldn't connect to online players only on tplink router why ?
2019-06-06 06:26:09 - last edited 2019-06-10 02:09:11

Please refer to the instructions in the link below to check the port forwarding settings on your router. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/205/

Please pay attention to the PVC you selecte for the port forwarding rule, we need to select the one which is currently transferring data. 

If you are still not able to connect to online players, please provide the following info:

1. Provide the screen shots of the Status-Device info and Advanced Setup-NAT page. 

2. How many computers do you have in the house which are going to play online games? 

3. Please tell more details about 'couldn't connect to online players', is there any error message? If so, please provide screen shot of the error. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:couldn't connect to online players only on tplink router why ?
2019-06-06 09:40:06 - last edited 2019-06-10 02:09:11

look sir to last image (my game name is kane's wrath) with rounded red circle > this icon should be like the one below it directly > we couldn't start the game if this icon like in the picture

in my other routers sir no problem it connect directly

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look now sir this pic without any issue from my netgear router

Options
Re:Re:Re:couldn't connect to online players only on tplink router why ?
2019-06-10 02:08:58 - last edited 2019-06-10 02:09:11

Hi,

You opened port 16000 via virtual server, while according to your description, the kane wrath with port range 8088-65505, so it is suggested to use DMZ.

Meanwhile, the current IP address seems a private IP address, which is 10.x.x.x, that is why you failed to open ports; To make it work, you need open port on the front-end device or ISP's end which has the public IP address for the TP-Link router. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1280

Replies: 3

Related Articles