[Beta firmware] Solved TL-WR1043ND hang up with high-bandwith and WEB interface dies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Beta firmware] Solved TL-WR1043ND hang up with high-bandwith and WEB interface dies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
134 Reply
Re:[Beta firmware] Solved TL-WR1043ND hang up with high-bandwith and WEB interface dies
2014-01-13 04:12:54

vakharia wrote

Update: Hardware issue confirmed by TP-Link support. Got a replacement device (October 2013) manufacturing. Using it since yesterday. It has not hung/ frozen.

What kind of version did you have before the replacement?
Options
Re:[Beta firmware] Solved TL-WR1043ND hang up with high-bandwith and WEB interface dies
2014-02-04 19:11:31

vakharia wrote

I purchased this router - TL-WR1043ND a few weeks ago to use with my cable Internet (1 Mbps connection). The main idea was to replace my trust Linksys router which has 100 Mbps ports, and I needed something faster for file transfers over the LAN.

Now, with PPoE, the router was a breeze to setup, and worked fine for the first week or so. After that, I have had to reboot the router every few hours, every day.

The SYS light sometimes goes off and some times stays ON permanently.

When the router hangs, I cannot even connect to the web interface via the wired LAN connection from my PC.

3.13.13 Build 130428 Rel.58290n
WR1043ND v1 00000000

I do not want to go for any third party software, rather I would want TP-Link to fix the issue. This is certainly not a cheap router.

+1
Options
TP_Link acknowledge this router is faulty
2014-04-26 22:20:12
I have had the same problem since I got this router in February. Have been disconnecting and reconnecting to get the thing to work. I finally emailed tech support at TP-Link yesterday. They responded very quickly with the following response:

I'm afraid there is something wrong about this router. I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience caused.
Could you please send me the serial number so that we will arrange a replacement for you. Thank you!

They clearly are aware that some of these routers are faulty so there seems little point in trying to fix this. I'm posting this in case others, like me, are searching for a solution. The downside is that I need to return the faulty router before I can get a replacement, leaving me to rely on the Thompson that was sent to me by Plusnet - the reason I bought the TP-Link in the first place.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.
Options
2014-04-28 17:06:49
Don't download any applications from this website this is garbage.
Options
Related Articles