Archer T4U V3 Driver keeps rolling back to Realtek

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-21 23:01:36
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I recently bought a Archer T4U v3 USB Adapter, and everytime i boot my computer the driver resets from the official TP-Link Driver to a generic Realtek Driver, which causes massive packet loss in my connection making it impossible to use. Is there a way to prevent windows 10 from switching the drivers everytime i boot? The only workaround i found was to repair the TP-Link driver through the app, but everytime i reboot the Realtek gets installed again.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer T4U V3 Driver keeps rolling back to Realtek
2019-04-22 11:52:08

Hi,

What do you mean that the driver resets from the official TP-Link Driver to a generic Realtek Driver?

Have you ever installed the generic Realtech driver except the TP-Link official one? 

And may I know how do you find it? Any pictures we can refer  to? 

Did you try to update the driver or reinstall it?

Nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Archer T4U V3 Driver keeps rolling back to Realtek
2019-04-22 13:58:23

Everytime i reboot the PC i get the usb disconnected and connected sound and the driver changes from the TP-Link to a Realtek. When i repair the driver with the TP-Link application, the driver changes to the correct one, and it works fine when i do that, but when i reboot the pc, the driver gets overwritten by the realtek one and i get massive packet losses with it.

I never installed any realtek driver, windows 10 installed it automatically when i inserted the usb adapter on the pc for the first time, and even if i try to uninstall this driver it gets installed again.

Heres the driver that gets installed everytime over the tp-link one:

And the TP-Link driver when i repair it:

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer T4U V3 Driver keeps rolling back to Realtek
2019-04-24 07:44:52

Hi,

Please disable the automatica driver updates on Windows 10 and install the TP-Link official driver. You can refer to the below instruction: 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10 

After that,please take some time to test whether it works fine. 

Any updates, just let me know.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-26 00:11:51 - last edited 2020-02-26 00:14:12

@Kevin_Z I texted you yesterday, this is almost the same problem as I described In the other thread

The drivers needs to be fixed , they roll back and disabling windows updates can't be a solution please.

In my case they roll back to a generic from Microsoft that has the same iss

Options
2020-02-28 08:59:11

@L4nz  @Kevin_Z 

This seems to be the same problem as discribed here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/189060

Options
2020-03-01 02:30:14

@KnutK 

Got tired of waiting and fighting with this device. I tried every trick I know.

I recommend all just to stop fighting with this and windows. Maybe works on OSX and Linux.

Never again TPLINK for me.

Options
2020-05-04 15:54:44

@L4nz This is indeed the worst product I have ever had. It's clearly a flaw in the drivers. What a crap. Last time tp-link for me as well.

Options
2020-07-19 08:56:53

@TNascimb to everyone who's having issues when using the T4U, don't use the TP-Link provided drivers, are CRAP, the most understandeable thing is to know wich chip uses the T4U V3, and thats in fact a Realtek RTL8812BU

So the next thing is to downoad Realteks driver (https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812bu-software)

Then delete Archer T4U software, and make a custom driver install from over the windows default via Dev Manager.

THIS FIXES ALL ISSUES WITH THE INTENDED DEVICE, JUST REMEMBER, when selecting the drivers for W10X64 it will provide a lot of drivers for Realtek products, search and install RTL8812BU.

Options
2020-08-05 17:42:04

@Lincer556 I have tried to download the link you provided but I am unable to install the driver via device manager. I tried to install using the setup after extracting the folder but the network adapter T4U V3 has no response.

This is what I did to prevent the roll back to Microsoft's driver from another forum. Solution is to prevent Windows from automatically upgrading drivers (System -> Advanced System Settings -> Hardware -> Device Installation Settings -> No)

Basically disable windows from updating the drivers automatically. To me, the TP-link drivers are definitely better than the Microsoft's driver but TP-Link's driver will spike every 20 seconds or so. 

I also changed channel for my 5Ghz to less than 149 and I think it is more stable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6501

Replies: 9

Related Articles