Deco M9 Plus WiFi drops, unclear eth backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-15 07:03:43
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Hi, 

Recently I've installed a set of 5 deco's in my house with one of them as main router. 

The deco in the living room is connected with the main through the following schema:

Main deco -> gigabit switch 1 -> managed gigabit switch -> gigabit switch 2 -> living room deco

I have not set any VLANs on the switches and the other devices on the gigabit switch 2 have full speed internet. But my wireless connection loses internet connectivity (wifi symbol changes on my phone and it says "Internet is not available") every couple hours for about 3 minutes when I'm connected to the living room deco. I do not have this same problem with the other deco's. 

I have the feeling this is caused by the living room deco trying to do backhaul over WiFi even though the connection is pretty bad to the main deco, even though its plugged in and has a wired backhaul option. Is there any way for me to see what type of backhaul the deco is using or has used? Or an option to set the deco to wired backhaul only? 

I really love the system and it works great all over the house, but this internet dropping is really annoying. 

Could TP-Link advise on the situation or does anyone else have similar problems?

Regards, 

woutermb

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus WiFi drops, unclear eth backhaul
2019-04-15 11:51:04

Hi,

There is multiple switches between main deco and living room deco. Is it possible that you can do a test and connect the living room deco to the switch 1 directly and check if it is same? And to locate your problem, it is suggested to do a cross test. Please switch the living room deco with one of other deco devices' location and see what happens.

Basically, if the main deco is connected to the living room deco like your scenario, Ethernet backhaul(wired backhaul ) will be enable immediatly and data will transfer via Ethernet other than wireless. 

Good day!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-09-19 01:05:37
hi, did you figure out what the issue is? Same exact thing happening to me.
Options
2020-03-16 15:22:01

@rookie7799 I have same problem also. Please help. 

Options
2020-03-16 16:00:11

I have the same issue, sommetimes  one Or 2 devices are unable to Connected to the i internet, eventhough that a device in the exact same location is. After some minutes it normally comes back, but sometime i just keep playing around with flymode and wifi on/off

my guess is that the system is somehow overloaded and not Able to handle many devices.

my current setup i 2 DECOs and i have roughly 15 devices running all the time

@woutermb 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1802

Replies: 4

Related Articles