Parental controls not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-14 20:26:15 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:32:22

Hello sir, I have a TP-link Archer C60 V2.0. in this wifi, I am facing a problem related to Parental controls. I configured time for selected devices in devices under parental control and blacklisted some websites in content restriction, but in both cases, they are not working. and yes I am also facing problem to limit bandwidth to users on QOS, I can't limit users to a specific bandwidth. please help me on this issue to fix this problem. thank you. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Re:Parental controls not working -Solution
2019-02-19 02:57:40 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:32:22

Hi, from the pictures of the parental control settings page, you choose whitelist and add facebook into the keywords, that means this device can access facebook only during the certain time ( which is the internet access time), while this device still can access internet at other time.

If you want to block a device to access internet at certain time, you can choose whitelist without any keywords and choose the corresponding internet access time.

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental controls not working
2019-02-15 06:50:31

did you read the instruction yet: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1531.html ; please notice that the internet access tiem is the certain time when the filter policy takes effect ; you can give it a go, and post the settings picture if still failed

For the qos, it is a little different from the bandwidth control, we can setup different priority levels for network applications, while cannot limit bandwidth to users. 

Options
Re:Parental controls not working
2019-02-15 18:39:31

Options
Re:Re:Parental controls not working
2019-02-15 18:41:40

Still I am facing same problem in parental control

Options
Re:Re:Re:Parental controls not working -Solution
2019-02-19 02:57:40 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:32:22

Hi, from the pictures of the parental control settings page, you choose whitelist and add facebook into the keywords, that means this device can access facebook only during the certain time ( which is the internet access time), while this device still can access internet at other time.

If you want to block a device to access internet at certain time, you can choose whitelist without any keywords and choose the corresponding internet access time.

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4103

Replies: 4

Related Articles