AV1000 and a Amcrest wifi cam

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-03 01:19:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey guys, I have kind of a complex question. Here is the deal:

A couple of weeks back I bought a wifi cam (Amcrest Ultra HD 2K model). It connected to the internet via my old powerline extender, a D-Link N150 and it worked fine. Last week I wantes to upgrade to a better powerline extender and bought a TP-Link AV1000. I was excited to get better speeds and it worked with my mobile, Switch, etc, except with the wifi cam.
I did some research and found that the camera only works with 2.4 Mhz wifi. Now, I know that my brand new AV1000 supports 2.4 and 5 Ghz and that you can deactivate the later, but still I have no luck.

So this is where it starts to get muddy:
I thought "OK, the Amcrest cam just wont play nice with the AV1000", so maybe I can plug my old D-link and have it exclusively for the cam, and leave the AV1000 for anything else. But when I have both extenders connected and running, basically none connect to the internet. As if they cancel each other. Now, I've read that sometimes you can connect other brands' extensions to the TP-Link but I haven't gotten into that. Basically I've plugged both "base" units (the D-Link and TP-Ling that connect to my router) and that is when everything goes crazy and the seem to cancel each other).

So I write to you in need of help, wondering if you can advice on what I can try. I want to use my AV1000 but need my security cam working and, like I said, I've tried all the ways the camera suggest to connect it to my AV1000 with no luck (even with an ethernet cable). The way I see it there might be these options:

1. There is something I'm not doing right regarding the whole 2.4/5ghz dual band thing and there is still a way for the camera to work with the AV1000

2. Maybe there is a way to add the D-link extender to my TP-Link AV1000 network but I don't know how to exactly do that.

3. Previously bought (by mistake) an AV2000 which I have it in a drawer. I say by mistake 'cause I never realized this model didn't have wifi and that is why I bought the AV1000 after. So I wonder if maybe, instead of the D-Link, I can use one of the AV2000 units, add it to my AV1000 network and see if the camera plays nice with it via ethernet?

4. There is another option I am not seeing.

Phew, I really hope I explained my situation and that you guys can help me out.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 504

Replies: 0

Related Articles