VR2800 not able to connect via wireless using customized SSID / password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-31 16:55:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just yesterday, the wireless function stopped working on all apple devices and intermittent /inconsistent connection on others (windows laptop etc). Wired Lan connection to internet remained steady with strong speeds seen. Hence unlikely an ISP issue. I used a pin to revert my router back to factory restore state but the same wireless connection issue continues. I realise upon changing the SSID names of the 2.4 and 5 MHZ wifi, all of my apple devices could no longer connect to the modem router (continually trying to connect circle going in apple devices seen). I have thus given up and reverted to using factory set SSID and numerical passwords instead (that works).

Appreciate any advice on how to get back my ability to customize SSID / password in this instance. totally dumbfounded me.

My device is Archer VR2800 v1 00000000, firmware: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n

thanks in advance
Options
1 Reply
Re:VR2800 not able to connect via wireless using customized SSID / password
2018-09-05 03:58:26
I have a C8 so much should be the same.
You can backup your working router first, try some changes, and if they do not work, restore your previous settings.
I recommend different SSIDs names. Remember some devices only work on the 2.4 GHz.
The guest networks SSIDs can not be named the same as your main SSIDs.
Change only one SSID to test.
You could experiment with the Guest network first.
When you set up the SSIDs, use the mode with the most options, show SSID, take all of the "auto" options, no WDS bridging, select WPA/WPA2 - Personal, WPA2-PSK, encryption AES, a strong wireless password, and disable MAC filtering. Be sure to save your changes. I like to power down the router and back up or restart before testing each set of changes.
If you use a SSID that has been used in the past on a device such as an IPad laptop, phone..., you may have to remove the network name first (Forget network for IPad) then reenter the network info.
Hope this helps you.
Options