Archer C5400 v1 bandwidth issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-07 19:49:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Ever since I got my C5400 last fall I kept battling with internet connection speeds.

It doesn't matter if I connect via 5Ghz Wifi, 2.4Ghz Wifi or via LAN, I never get connection speeds faster than around 90Mbit/s and it fluctuates massively.

My ISP is Vodafone here in Germany and as I was convinced that the issue couldn't possible lie with such a high end router, I had them exchange the modem twice.

Turns out I get the full bandwidth of 400Mbit/s down and 25Mbit/s up when connecting my PC directly via LAN to the modem; alas via the C5400 it continues to fluctuate.

Is this a known issue and if so, are there recommended steps I should take? I'm prepared to tinker, but if it turns out that I cannot solve the issue myself, I will have to return it as I'm still within my warranty.

Thanks for any help provided!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 v1 bandwidth issues
2018-08-08 15:05:45
How about the pc's negotiation speed when you connect to C5400?

Even with wired connection, the maxium speed is still 90Mbit/s?

Make sure the firmware is the latest one and reset & reconfigure the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 1

Related Articles