Issues with TL-WR741N / TL-WR741ND: instability with the conections.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-11 08:26:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello there, i hope you could help me.

You'll see, in our company we use a TL-WR741N / TL-WR741ND like access point. It is connected to a main router via ethernet, the cable is connected in the wan port with the ip 192.168.2.5. The TPLink has activated the DHCP function in the range of 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.100

The issue is with the clients, i mean, everything works well for a while, but suddenly, some of the devices connected just disconnect, by theirselves. Or some of them remains connected but without internet navigation; and de AP doesn't let new devices to connect.

When this happen, i walk to the AP and restart it. And the cicle repeats: ok for a while, and then... calls from the users...

I've change the ethernet cable more than once, i reviewed the settings over and over, i've change some options to try to stabilize te service, i've connected the ethernet from the main router to the other ports of th AP switching off the DHCP, but nothing seems to work.

There's something wrong with the device, i mean some damage? What kind of tests can i do? can i post images so you can see the settings?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues with TL-WR741N / TL-WR741ND: instability with the conections.
2018-07-11 15:32:25
a little confusing...

You mentioned TL-WR7401ND like access point, and you still connect ethernet cable to WAN port with DHCP enabled on it?

If yes, there is something wrong with your settings.

you may have a look at this instruction:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-417.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 1

Related Articles