TD-W8960N No upload speed.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-01 01:11:16
EDIT: My ISP provider gave me 3 different TD-W8960N and they all had the same issue,if anyone happens to come across this thread with the same problem just get a different router,they gave me a Zyxel AMG1302-T11C and this works fine,

Hey i'm new here so i'm not 100% sure if this is the right forum to post this but anyway.

Today i decided to get a new router since my old one was,well,pretty old so i got a TD-W8960N,everything seems fine but for some reason when doing a speedtest from http://www.speedtest.net/ i cant get passed the Upload test and i get this message "A socket error occurred during the Upload test. A firewall could be blocking the connection or the server might be having some issues. Please try again later."

The thing is it works on my and my mothers phones but not on my PC so i don't know whats causing it.

I went back to my old router and that one can do a Upload test just fine.I looked around on the internet but i can't find any solutions.
Options
8 Reply
Re:TD-W8960N No upload speed.
2018-06-09 19:33:58
No replies

Options
2018-06-09 22:14:27
What is your hardware version ?
Options
2018-06-10 23:00:10

DragonRaihan wrote

What is your hardware version ?

V8
Options
2018-06-12 19:05:07
So i went to the routers control panel and under Advanced Setup > Wan Service theres a table with three different interfaces ( atm0.1 atm1.1 ppp0) and all three of them have firewall enabled, i did disable it from atm1.1 ppp0 because those are the only ones that i can edit but still nothing.

Should i return the router and get a different one or does anyone know how to fix this?
Options
2018-06-15 17:11:40

xArK3D wrote

So i went to the routers control panel and under Advanced Setup > Wan Service theres a table with three different interfaces ( atm0.1 atm1.1 ppp0) and all three of them have firewall enabled, i did disable it from atm1.1 ppp0 because those are the only ones that i can edit but still nothing.

Should i return the router and get a different one or does anyone know how to fix this?

You mean except the speedtest error, your pc can't get internet though your and your mother's phone are working?
Since other two clients are working, we can try to do some troubleshooting.

Do you connect it to the modem via a cable or wirelessly?
Does it get IP address from the modem?

If it's wired connection, try to change another port or cable.
If it's wireless connection, try to forget profile and reconnect the wifi.
Options
2018-06-15 22:09:00
My PC has internet and i can download stuff,but i cant upload anything when im using Ethernet(i dont have wifi on my pc so i cant test that). but connecting via wifi from mobile phones it works fine.

I did try to use different ports/cables and also connected it without using the splitter but that didn't work.

I also found that the atm1.1 interface has this error "DHCP Failed, No Response, check VPI/VCI,Encapsulation or Contact to ISP" ( i can post the full wan info and setup tables if you want )
Options
2018-06-15 22:09:39

Anton L.Z. wrote

You mean except the speedtest error, your pc can't get internet though your and your mother's phone are working?
Since other two clients are working, we can try to do some troubleshooting.

Do you connect it to the modem via a cable or wirelessly?
Does it get IP address from the modem?

If it's wired connection, try to change another port or cable.
If it's wireless connection, try to forget profile and reconnect the wifi.

My PC has internet and i can download stuff,but i cant upload anything when im using Ethernet(i dont have wifi on my pc so i cant test that). but connecting via wifi from mobile phones it works fine.

I did try to use different ports/cables and also connected it without using the splitter but that didn't work.

I also found that the atm1.1 interface has this error "DHCP Failed, No Response, check VPI/VCI,Encapsulation or Contact to ISP" ( i can post the full wan info and setup tables if you want ).
Options
2018-07-07 01:44:01
This thread is kinda dead now but im still looking for help :/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1585

Replies: 8

Related Articles