TL-WR940N access problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR940N access problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WR940N access problem
TL-WR940N access problem
2018-03-07 19:38:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

recently had a problem with Internet Extenders (TL-PA4010s) which appeared to clear up with no obvious explanation.
During that time (Monday) I was able to access the router etc but today I seem unable to contact the router via 192.168.0.1 and my wireless printer will not connect.

I have EE as an ISP and have their 'main' router. From the EE router I have a pair of extenders (above) linking my TL-WR940N router.
From the router I link my desktop via an ethernet cable and have had my printer linked via WIFI.

Now my printer doesn't work and does not see a the TL-WR940N wireless router - it does see the EE Router
From the desktop PC I can access the EE Router and access the internet - which has to occur via the cable, via the TL-WR940N, via th extenders and then access the EE router.
(There no WIFI on the desktop)

I have tried rebooting desktop, printer & router (& reset).

I connect my extender to PORT 1 of the TL-WR940N and the desktop to PORT 4 (i.e. I do not use the INTERNET PORT). I tried the Internet port and no internet access

Any help appreciated
Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-WR940N access problem
2018-03-07 23:24:47
I have now cabled into the TL-WR940N the printer and now works via ethernet cable.
Weird.
Have two cabled devices - i.e. desktop & printer connected via the TL-WR940N but I am unable to access the TL-WR940N (192.168.0.1 )via the desktop PC.
I also unable to connect the printer in WIFI mode
Options
2018-03-08 17:54:49
You would better contact tplink support if your devices are latest firmware from them official website
Options
2018-03-08 18:06:19
Many thanks.
I have emailed them earlier today with details as described above.
Haven't heard anything yet.
Will call if no reply
The problem has been very time consuming but I am managing with router 'acting more like a switch'.
I purchased the item last November so well within any warranty.

Thanks again.
Options
2018-03-09 16:43:42
What's your network map? Is it EE main router --(Ethernet cable)--TL-PA4010---(electric wire)---TL-PA4010---TL-WR940N----PC ?
If you want the TL-WR940N to work as a switch, you should disable the DHCP server of the TL-WR940N, and it's better to change its LAN IP address to the same subnet as your main router.
Like if your main router's IP address is 192.168.1.1, you should change the IP of the TL-WR940N to 192.168.1.X (1
Options
2018-03-09 21:56:20
Enson - many thanks.

Have had a response from TP-LInk now - many questions but haven't found an answer.
The Network Map is as you state with the EE main router in the lounge and the TP router in a bedroom / study

The Desktop (in the study) is ethernet connected into the TP router. - It can access the Internet but can not access 192.168.0.1 (the TP Router) but can access the EE Router 192.168.1.1
The WIFI light is now on and I have reconnected my printer (in the study) via the TP WIFI and works
I have a LAPTOP (old box with LINUX Mint) normally used for watching TV which has previously been connected via the TP router using WIFI.
I can connect to both routers from this laptop - i.1. 192.168.0.1. & 1.1 but (at the moment) this box refuses to connect to internet (I don't understand this one bit).
I now have my printer working via the TP WIFI connection (i.e. it will print from the desktop using the WIFI)

All this 'went wrong' after 're pair' ing the TP EXtenders - but not aware how that could be responsible.

Just a mess at the moment and have spend several hours.
PS The internet light does not illuminate on the TP Router

Sort of got something that partially works but no laptop access to the internet !
Options
2018-03-10 21:15:21
looks like I solved the problem. Guess my fault - 'redid' everything - cabling rebooting etc and seems to be back 'as was'.
TP-Link provided help - i.e. 're-do' everything
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2295

Replies: 6

Related Articles