cloning on TL-WPA4230P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

cloning on TL-WPA4230P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
cloning on TL-WPA4230P
cloning on TL-WPA4230P
2018-01-15 01:55:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My adapter used to work perfectly and cloned my router's network name/password etc. Service and the connection (wired and wireless) started to become really patchy so as to be unusable.

I've tried a re-set and a few weird things have started happening. a) it's impossible to clone the home network, i've tried with the wps, i've downloaded the utility and the 'wifi' option just doesn't show and the browser version tells me 'i've run into an issue' but doesn't seem to recognise that i am connecting to the extender network, the app doesn't appear to support the version i'm using b) the extender appears able to create a wireless network even when the adapter next to the router is NOT plugged in (i really don't understand that, how is it receiving a usable wifi signal from the router when there is no input into my home's electrics!?), c) the wired network appears OK after the re-boot (for the timbeing) but things like sonos are suffering as we no longer have a continuous network.

This is my third set of TP Link powerline extenders but they all seem to fail eventually. Am i doing something wrong, or should i just accept that they have a v limited shelf-life?

Any advice much appreciated, i'm not massively techy but perfectly capable of following instructions!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 0

Related Articles