Running my Archer MR200 router on battery

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-15 21:22:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear fellow users, I have the above router and I need to ask the question about running the it on 12 Volts DC.

I live in a fairly remote farming area that has VERY frequent power cuts, that usually last for anything between 1- 4 hours, and in that time I of course loose my internet connection.
I do have a very substantial 12 Volt emergency lighting system, and I see that the router power supply is 12 Volts DC.

I was wondering, is the front end of the power management in the router along the lines of a I.C.7805 that is good for supply voltage of up to about 24 Volts, and if the general board voltage is 5 Volts then my system should be suitable, because the voltage on charging has a high limit of 14.4Volts charging, and a float (or trickle charge) limit of 13.8 Volts, there is also low limit cut at 10 Volts to protect my battery from being over run, so I would envisage the router would be subjected to a MAXIMUM voltage of 14.5V and a MINIMUM of 10 Volts before being turned off. Can you please confirm if the above is suitable for this router.

Regards, Ray Hope (engineer)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1326

Replies: 0

Related Articles