ARCHER 5400 5GHz BAND 1 Disabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-28 19:53:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

After updating the latest firmware, my router's 5GHz Band-1 stopped working. Band-2 is working perfectly fine. Whenever I am clicking on 5GHz network, it is saying that 5GHz network is not available in your country/region. This is totally insane. It is available and widely used in India. Your support executives also told me the same. They are totally out of clue as what has happened and why band-1 is not working. I purchased the router to have Tri-band but now I am getting dual band support. What the hell is wrong with TP-Link? Do they even test firmwares before releasing it to public? I even found same thread on this forum where someone is complaining about the same. It seems it's a fucked-up half baked firmware which was released to public. Shame on TP_link, this is going to be my last product of TP_link unless and until they come up and resolve the issue.
Options
3 Reply
Re:ARCHER 5400 5GHz BAND 1 Disabled
2018-05-17 23:24:26
I'm having the same exact issue as you. I've tried everything I can think of but still no success and the 5ghz Band 1 is consistently disabled.

I tried the latest firmware upgrade, I backed up and tried a reset, then I tried a complete factory restore. Still nothing.
Options
Re:ARCHER 5400 5GHz BAND 1 Disabled
2018-05-18 15:33:46

CaptainRon19 wrote

I'm having the same exact issue as you. I've tried everything I can think of but still no success and the 5ghz Band 1 is consistently disabled.I tried the latest firmware upgrade, I backed up and tried a reset, then I tried a complete factory restore. Still nothing.
It seems like it's the hardware issue and you'd better contact tp support via email to ask for a replacement.
Options
Archer C-5400 5GHz Band-1 stopped working
2018-05-20 00:01:53

AVINASHR wrote

Model : Hardware Version : Firmware Version : ISP : Hello, After updating the latest firmware, my router's 5GHz Band-1 stopped working. Band-2 is working perfectly fine. Whenever I am clicking on 5GHz network, it is saying that 5GHz network is not available in your country/region. This is totally insane. It is available and widely used in India. Your support executives also told me the same. They are totally out of clue as what has happened and why band-1 is not working. I purchased the router to have Tri-band but now I am getting dual band support. What the hell is wrong with TP-Link? Do they even test firmwares before releasing it to public? I even found same thread on this forum where someone is complaining about the same. It seems it's a fucked-up half baked firmware which was released to public. Shame on TP_link, this is going to be my last product of TP_link unless and until they come up and resolve the issue.
IThis issue is well documented. You'll need to contact support and request a replacement. I went through 2 replacement because of the same issue, the 2nd replacement has been rock solid for 6 months now. I'm on the latest firmware, I was skeptical about updating the firmware but I updated without any issues. I hope everything works out for you, Good luck.....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 3

Related Articles