Sonos controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sonos controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sonos controller
Sonos controller
2017-11-28 18:39:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Given that the M5 creates its OWN network, can anyone let me know if wireless devices connect via the M5 can see wired devices? my wired devices are connected to my Broadband router and it is not feesable to connect them directly to the M5

Diagram above shows the M5 in wired back-haul mode .

I dont want to connect my Sonos to the WiFi as then I wont be able to access it from my wired PC .

I have about 12 wired devices and about 20 wireless devices
Options
4 Reply
Re:Sonos controller
2017-11-28 20:00:14
Devices connected to the Deco network no matter via WiFi or Ethernet, should be able to talk to each other.
If your wired devices aren't able to talk to wireless devices, check their IP addresses, make sure they are in the same network segment.
If not, then you should consider one of the following:
1, Put your Sky box to bridge modem, let Deco become the main gateway of your network and everything connected to the Deco.
2, Configure the Deco to APP mode.

There's one more thing worth noticing:
For the Deco the primary WiFi and Ethernet are within the same network segment, while the guest network is in another.
If you have enabled Guest WiFi network on the Deco, devices connected to the guest network wont be able to talk to devices connected to the primary WiFi or via Ethernet.
I guess they made it this way for security reasons.
Options
2017-11-28 22:07:40
thanks for the reply.

I will be going wired back backhaul (I should have said this in my first post)

My Sky box wont go into bridge mode.

I dont yet own the M5, but this FAQ suggests that it creates its own network http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1794.html, I guess if it sends 0.0.0.0/0 to the skybox then I should be good.

I just wanted to be sure before I pull the trigger and bought a set.
Options
2017-11-29 02:43:36
I have pulled the trigger and bought a set after reading

http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1842.html

I now feel that it will meet my needs if I go for full APP mode.
Options
2017-11-30 15:07:57
Good luck!!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 960

Replies: 4

Related Articles