No ability to change Deco M5 IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-22 00:59:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

From what I can gather from various threads, am I correct in thinking that I cannot change the IP of the Deco M5 Router?
I cannot change the IP of my modem, so please can TP-Link provide a way to change the M5 IP or tell me how to do it?
Thank you.
Options
6 Reply
Re:No ability to change Deco M5 IP?
2017-11-22 01:48:44
As you have read in the different threads, it's not possible to change the IP of the DECO.
But what is the problem you try to solve with changing the IP?
Options
2017-11-22 06:03:03
I have a Huawei modem using the same IP which I cannot change. Also, many devices on fixed IP which I do not really want to reconfigure.
At the moment I am using the Decos in AP mode, but eventually want to use the router functionality - hence the question about the Deco IP address changes.
It would be nice if TP-Link considered the capability to change the IP address via the AP or direct Deco log-in via ethernet.
Options
2017-11-22 19:52:47
You can change your modem's IP address, then Deco will use 192.168.0.1, so your devices connected to the Deco still in the 192.168.0.X network

stewartv wrote

I have a Huawei modem using the same IP which I cannot change. Also, many devices on fixed IP which I do not really want to reconfigure.
At the moment I am using the Decos in AP mode, but eventually want to use the router functionality - hence the question about the Deco IP address changes.
It would be nice if TP-Link considered the capability to change the IP address via the AP or direct Deco log-in via ethernet.
Options
2017-11-23 00:16:30
I cannot see an obvious way to change the modem as there seems to be no management interface on the BT Openreach modem as it has BT firmware.
Options
2017-11-23 03:53:42
Guys, you can change the ip address in the app:
- Go to: Advanced > IPv4
- Change Internet Connection Type to: Static IP

-> Now you can change the IP-address

But as far as I know it should not be needed: if you reset everything, then reboot the modem,
and after the modem is ready, boot the main unit, it shold automaticcally choose an IP address that does not conflict with the modem.
Options
2017-11-24 03:47:57
If your Huawei modem has a DHCP server which provides IP numbers in the 192.168.0.x range and you want to use the DECO in router mode then I think you have a problem as also the DHCP server of the DECO will provide IP numbers in the same 192.168.0.x range.
So maybe you need to disable the DHCP server of the Huawei (assuming it has a DHCP server...)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1567

Replies: 6

Related Articles