Archer C9 - Ping Spikes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 - Ping Spikes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C9 - Ping Spikes
Archer C9 - Ping Spikes
2017-10-15 00:50:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20161025 rel.45517
Hardware Version: ArcherC9 v3.0

Hi all,

Yesterday I purchased an Archer C9 router, had it set up to work alongside the Virgin Media Superhub 3 in modem mode and was happy with the performance I was getting.

This morning however, I have not been quite as impressed... I have been trying to play games and my ping has been spiking at extremely regular intervals. This was not happening (at least, not as regularly) before setting this up and upon rebooting the router I have had no issues with ping while gaming. I don't want to have to be rebooting the router on a daily basis in order to get good, reliable internet, and I was hoping I could get some suggestions from anyone who may have experienced these issues in the past.

I have also run some ping tests, it's hard to tell if they demonstrate what I've been experiencing, but I have attached a screenshot with a few graphs for all you stats geeks out there :D

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C9 - Ping Spikes
2017-10-16 15:37:15
does the connection drop on your gaming console? or it's very slow? from the screenshots that you sent, ping through WiFi connection is much higher than LAN connection, I think there might be wireless interference that affect the performance. Maybe you can change the channel to a least crowded one by using some WiFi analyzers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 986

Replies: 1

Related Articles