Archer C9 forgets Sharing password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-03 17:23:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

As per title, I frequently find that I can no longer use FTP to access the storage connected to my Archer C9 and I have determined that this is because the password that I set in the "Sharing Account" part of the settings gets forgotten and becomes blank. This happens every few days.

Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Thanks

jra505
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer C9 forgets Sharing password
2017-09-11 18:22:19
Is enable authentication always checked? or it will uncheck automatically in a while? I never heard of this kind of issue. What's the hardware and firmware version of your C9?
Options
2017-09-11 21:56:30
Hi,

I don't see an "enable authentication" option??? Hopefully you can see on this screenshot what I mean:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ecjsi3u3h4h33u/Screenshot%202017-09-11%2014.54.14.png?dl=0

The password is blank - even though I set it a couple of days ago.

The hardware version is 2.0, and the firmware is 20160517 Rel. 63505

Thanks,

jra505
Options
2017-11-05 18:43:46
Is this really not affecting anyone else? It happens to me on a weekly basis.
Options
2017-11-06 18:42:53
is Share All under Folder Sharing enabled or disabled?
Enable Authentication is under Share All when it is enabled and can be found if you click on Edit when it is disabled.
If it is disabled, I believe your issue is not cause by password.
Are you able to see a login page when you try to access the USB?
Options
2017-11-07 03:14:44

uutommi wrote

is Share All under Folder Sharing enabled or disabled?
Enable Authentication is under Share All when it is enabled and can be found if you click on Edit when it is disabled.
If it is disabled, I believe your issue is not cause by password.
Are you able to see a login page when you try to access the USB?

Share all and enable authentication are both selected to be ON.

The issue is that on occasion when I try to access the drive using my phone, using the app ES File Explorer (or any other file manager for that matter), sometimes I cannot log in and it says the password is incorrect. If I log into the router's USB sharing admin page I then find that the password field is blank. If I re-enter the password and save the settings, I can then get access via my phone app again. After a few days, the router will then "forget" the password and I have to set it again.
Options
2017-11-07 03:19:22
Bizarrely, I've just noticed that this only seems to affect connecting by SMB - connecting by FTP seems to work fine all the time.
Options
2017-11-07 14:26:54
Which option did you choose for sharing account?
The password will not show up when the option Use Default Account is checked, but the password is same as the login account of the router's management page.
Options
2017-11-07 15:00:00

Shield101 wrote

Which option did you choose for sharing account?
The password will not show up when the option Use Default Account is checked, but the password is same as the login account of the router's management page.

I've tried both. Bottom line is - SMB only seems to work for a short while immediately after the password is set.
Options
2017-11-07 16:47:08
it may be the issue of ES File Explorer.
Try to use windows to access the usb, such as typing in \\192.168.0.1 in the run box.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1034

Replies: 9

Related Articles