Compatibility TL-WPA7517 KIT and Sky Hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-04 15:47:34

Hi. This is my first post; i would appreciate any help.

I've recently migrated from Fastweb to Sky Wifi. My network home consist consists of two 70mq2 floors; Sky Hub and Sky Q black (base version) are located in the first floor.

In the past i used two Netgear AV5221 500 powerlines plus an Asus RT-N18U router connected to the second powerline at first floor configured as Access Point.

This works even today with Sky Hub; nevertheless i wish to upgrade powerlines and rt-n18 to use dual band 2.4 / 5 ghz and higher speed/band.

It seems to me that TL-WPA7517 KIT is the right solution. The idea is to connect first powerline to the router and the second one somewhere in the first floor to act as wifi AP for the first floor (in addition i'm willing to use the gigabit port too).

Questions.

is this kit compatible with Sky Hub and Sky Q ? Note: i don't have Sky Q Mini in my house).

is this kit actually working as AP ?

is this kit supporting the Mesh lan of the Sky Hub ?

Hope having been enough clear in my post.

Thanks in advance for help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Compatibility TL-WPA7517 KIT and Sky Hub
2023-09-07 09:38:59

@Paolo2504 

Powerline adapters are just like Ethernet cable, there will not be incompatibility issue with Sky Hub or Sky Q.
The TL-WPA7517 unit in the TL-WPA7517 KIT supports WiFi function, thus it can act as WiFi AP as well.
I am afraid TL-WPA7517 doesn't support Mesh network of Sky Hub.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 1

Related Articles