Wifioff but still bradcasting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-22 10:33:36
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi again.

I have set my decos to AP mode and switched of the wifi on my router. However, in addition to the new deco ssid being broadcast and showing in my device connection list the old router ssid is still showing and connection  working. How can this be?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Wifioff but still bradcasting
2023-02-22 14:21:58

@Rickyboy 

If connection is working, it means router WiFi is still on. Power off all Deco units and if router SSID still working - that means its WiFi is definitely on.

Options
2023-02-22 15:16:55
I turned it off on the side of the router and wifi lights are our so its puzzling. If I turn off Decos will I have to set for scratch again?
Options
2023-02-22 15:22:36

@Rickyboy 

Deco mesh will remember its settings. You can power off all Deco units without risk of losing your Deco mesh configuration.

Options
2023-02-22 15:32:20
Thanks for your help.
Options
2023-02-22 15:48:15
I've checked my router using web interface and it confirms wireless radio is off. Realy odd , unless deco is transmitting my old router SSID.
Options
2023-02-22 16:11:37

@Rickyboy 

Deco mesh can only broadcast SSID if it is configured with that SSID. Which it can be.

If it helps, think about Deco as a new WiFi router you brought home. Even if you connect that router to an existent router you have, it won't start broadcasting on your old router SSID just by itself. 

Options