Archer AX73 dropping out on Lan and wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-02 04:00:44
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20220317 real.504456(4555)

4 days ago I replaced a faulty TP-Link MR600 with a new Archer AX73. It's used to distribute internet throughout our house via WiFi and through a wired ethernet system. The MR600 had to be replaced because the 5gHz channel had died. The wired ethernet connections were working faultlessly on it.

The AX73 has real problems in the same ethernet ecosystem. It drops out momentarily every few minutes. This is a problem for teenage sons and their gaming and wife's work when she's on Zoom meetings. Connections lost every time. It also causes frustrating dropouts on ethernet connected sound system running music off ethernet connected Mac. As I said, wired connection was never a problem with the MR600.

Wireless is also dropping out too but haven't worked out if it's at the same time as the ethernet drop outs.

Firmware is up to date. Internet provider reports no problems with incoming broadband. Nothing has changed except the router. Any suggestions anyone?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 dropping out on Lan and wireless
2022-07-02 12:01:34

@Zorro16 

Hi,

When you setup the AX73 to replace the MR600 did you configure its network settings to be that same?

For example, if the MR600's LAN network was configured at its default 192.168.1.1, then it is advisable to also set the AX73 (or any other router that replaces an existing router in an existing network) to use the same LAN IP address.

Options
2022-07-02 23:19:49

@woozle 

Thanks for your reply, Woozle. I just went with the default settings of the AX73. The AX73 is configured on default LAN IP of 192.168.0.1 while the MR600 was 192.168.1.1 as you suggested.

I will change this setting but any other things to look for while I'm changing settings?

Options
2022-07-03 17:24:30

@Zorro16 

Since everything was working fine with the MR600 it would make sense to configure the settings of the AX73 as similar as possible.

If that doesn't help, then maybe do a factory defaults restore on the AX73 and then try with a very simple network setup (change as few settings from the defaults as possible, just the one's needed to get the AX73 online) and connect just one single client device. In case you were still seeing dropouts even with the most simple network setup, then there might indeed be something wrong with your particular AX73.

Options
2022-07-06 02:06:49

@woozle 

Hi Woozle. I tried to change the LAN address to the same as the old MR600 setting. Each time I saved that new address and rebooted, the ethernet connected devices could not find the AX73. Wifi was still working fine.

I then did a Factory reset as you suggested and stuck with the default settings for the LAN. The only change I made was to the WIFI settings. I turned off the auto setting so I could manually choose the 5gHz channel on my mobile devices. 

I played music via the ethernet connection from my Mac (Wifi turned off) for an hour with no dropouts. Did the same using WIFI with ethernet unplugged. Again no dropouts.

I'll keep testing and keep my fingers crossed but the Factory reset seems to have solved the problem. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1274

Replies: 4

Related Articles