RE450 disconnecting. No solution works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-07 14:29:02
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: RE450(EU)_V3_201203

I genuinely don't understand how Tp-Link keeps selling this item when it's so flawed.

I bought one online and, right after installing it, noticed the weird disconnections every 30 minutes. Updating to the latest firmware didn't change anything.

After returning the RE and thinking "Maybe I got a faulty unit" I bought a second one but the issue is still there. 

I need to say that speeds are fantastic as it's capable of transmitting 70% of my original speed 2 rooms away. Too bad that it's completely unreliable for streaming consistently good quality and for the home office life of Zoom calls.

What puzzles me is that there is no solution from the TP-Link support and yet, this product keeps selling.

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE450 disconnecting. No solution works
2021-02-08 03:28:07

@Deimos 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

If you would like to spend a little more time, we would forward your case to the senior engineers directly.

At the same time, please help me check the following information:

1. What is the model number of your main router?
  2. Would the 4ghz and 5ghz lights turn off when the wired connection dropped out?
  3. Would there be any error message when the Ethernet connection dropped out, like failed to get an IP address?

---and would the wireless connection have the same issue as well?

1. When the wired connection dropped out, were you able to log into the RE450 and help me save the system log?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:RE450 disconnecting. No solution works
2021-02-08 06:17:06

@TP-Link 

1) technicolor cga2121

2) the wired connection would never dropped out. Only the one from your terrible RE.

3) as mentioned before, the ethernet/wired connection would be working perfectly while the RE would fail to connect.

1 (for the second time)) no. As the RE will be returned to the shop as it's not functioning as expected. Moreover, you should have around 2 years of Log files considering the amount of situations like mine I saw on this forum.

Please provide a PUBLIC solution as it's clearly not router dependent but RE dependent.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 552

Replies: 2

Related Articles