FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to separately enable/disable WiFi/PLC backhaul on Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to separately enable/disable WiFi/PLC backhaul on Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to separately enable/disable WiFi/PLC backhaul on Deco P9
2021-05-25 09:58:07

@TP-Link 1/2 Hello, all that information is available in my support ticket. 

1. I've tried both modes - no difference

2. units closer to the main unit are obviously faster.  However, there are thick walls in between, so some of the units have a worse signal and lower speed as a result.

3. I would like all satellites to only use Powerline backhaul - as that is the main reason I bought them for!   I have previously tried other products and had the same result - the WiFi signal isn't strong enough due to the materials used in the walls

Options
Re:FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to separately enable/disable WiFi/PLC backhaul on Deco P9
2022-02-05 22:02:43

@TP-Link 

the option to choose the signal source is in the ASUS ZenWiFi AX Hybrid XP4 .... TP-Link, please do this with the Deco P9 software

Options
2022-02-06 01:46:49

@pawelb  Thank you so much for that information! I'm tired of waiting on TP Link to listen to us. These are going on eBay after I purchase the Asus product you just linked to. I'll add it to my Amazon review to. Thanks! 

Options
2022-08-04 08:56:11

@Mav3rick 

there is a fix for the Deco PLC issue, you just have to manually change the firmware. I posted a guide of how do it in the link below. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/175006?replyId=1002734

Options
Related Articles