Disabling wifi on a unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disabling wifi on a unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Disabling wifi on a unit
Disabling wifi on a unit
2020-04-19 08:09:54

I've recently decided to setup a Powerline Network at home. I've done a bunch of research and opted for TP-Link's offerings.
I'm setting up a fairly large home network, mostly non-wifi, with different requirements at most of the "output" nodes.

I have several different questions, which aren't tied to specific models.

============

For reasons that aren't relevant to the question, I regularly need to be able to entirely disable and later re-enable the whole wifi network. The router has a simple button to toggle this.

Is it possible to disable the wifi output of Powerline units that support wifi? (whilst retaining the ethernet output, naturally)

Assuming yes, then what options are available to do this?

• Is there a physical button on the unit to achieve this?
  • Is it possible from the control App?
  • Is it possible to do it over a network commandline (e.g. telnet or similar)
  • Will the Wifi Sync functionality honour this? (i.e. if I have the wifi PL unit set up to sync with the router's WiFi AP, and then I disable the wifi on the router, will the PL unit disable *its* wifi output?)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Disabling wifi on a unit
2020-04-23 08:44:19

@Brondahl 

Dear customer

I have replied you a few minutes ago on another thread.

Our wireless capable powerline devices indeed have the function of disabling WiFi.

The TL-WPA8630P model has a wifi button, which allows to you disable or enable wifi broadcasting.

For TL-WPA4220: you could disable the wireless boradcasting fromt he TL-WPA4220's web management interface.

Thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4661

Replies: 1

Related Articles