Limit wifi speed on per User

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-27 07:59:09
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 3.16 v0001.0 Build 170608 Rel.58696n

Hi,

i have 10 Mbps link at my home, so i want to set 1 mbps for each, one way is that i set IP and then set their bandwitdh but i want to set it via DHCP.

like, all guests, friends and family whatever who will connect my router, that person will receive 1Mbps automatically without any entring any IP. 1Mbps upload and 1 Mbps download, all the person use their own speed and run smoothly, i hope you will understand what i mean.

please help me and tell me how to do this,  

thanks a lot,,,

mshahid85

Options
4 Reply
Re:Limit wifi speed on per User
2019-08-27 11:44:31

@mshahid85 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. While we are sorry to tell you that there is no option available to satisfy your needs. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Limit wifi speed on per User
2019-08-27 12:13:13

Without entring ip, there is no option to set bandwidth for per user???

so what to do now?? :( 

Options
Re:Re:Limit wifi speed on per User
2019-08-27 15:14:57

Xiaomi routers have this feature. Even higher end TP-Link routers don't have this feature. This feature is unknown to TP-link developers

Options
Re:Re:Limit wifi speed on per User
2019-08-28 01:02:58

@mshahid85 

Hello, this TL-WR840N supports bandwidth control with certain upload/download bandwidth. You can give it a go by add all devices into bandwidth control list and set the mix/min bandwidth to 1Mbps both.

Below is the instruction to do that. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/557/ 

For more information about bandwidth control, you can refer to page 50-51 of the user manual.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wr840n/v5/#FAQs  

May it help and have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1550

Replies: 4

Related Articles