HS300 Set To Wrong Time Zone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-19 18:24:10 - last edited 2023-12-20 21:52:32
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

I just purchased the Kasa HS300 specifically for the scheduling capability. I set it up and it missed it's first scheduled task. Upon investigation, I've found that the HS300 is set to the wrong time zone even though the time zone in Me > Settings is correct. I've attached screenshots for reference. America/New York which is shown in Me > Settings is correct but America/Dawson which is shown under Device Info is incorrect.

I have tried rebooting the device by using the power switch and by unplugging it completely but neither resolved the issue. Any assistance is appreciated. 

6946b4986fbf4e4bb6468f1699cf7d3d

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS300 Set To Wrong Time Zone-Solution
2023-12-20 17:44:31 - last edited 2023-12-20 21:52:32

@egdod,

Normally a reboot will force the device to synchronize the time. I believe that some devices do receive their time settings from the router's time, rather than from the Kasa service, so you may try and make sure that the time zone settings for your network is also set correctly.

I would also recommend trying to choose a similar time-zone to see if the behavior is limited to that specific zone. For most time zones, there should be a few different options that will all give the same time. You may even simply try toggling the time zone to a different area and back to see if the change will force the sync.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS300 Set To Wrong Time Zone-Solution
2023-12-20 17:44:31 - last edited 2023-12-20 21:52:32

@egdod,

Normally a reboot will force the device to synchronize the time. I believe that some devices do receive their time settings from the router's time, rather than from the Kasa service, so you may try and make sure that the time zone settings for your network is also set correctly.

I would also recommend trying to choose a similar time-zone to see if the behavior is limited to that specific zone. For most time zones, there should be a few different options that will all give the same time. You may even simply try toggling the time zone to a different area and back to see if the change will force the sync.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HS300 Set To Wrong Time Zone
2023-12-20 21:52:23

@Riley_S thank you. I went to Me > Settings, changed the time zone to ESTEDT. Then I went and rebooted the HS300. Now, when I go to that device's Device Info, it is showing the EST5EDT time zone and the correct time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 2

Related Articles