The C520WS V1 camera is stuck in night mode and is not responding
The C520WS V1 camera is stuck in night mode and is not responding
2024-08-03 07:14:48 - last edited 2024-08-05 09:39:50
Tags: #Night Mode #defect
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Hello everyone,

This morning, I discovered from the recordings that one of my cameras was not working overnight, so I immediately started investigating the cause. Since the camera only malfunctioned in the dark and now works during the day, I thought of enabling night mode - IR night vision. After manually turning on night mode, the camera stopped responding and has been showing as offline in the app ever since. The camera's status LED is on (red) and occasionally blinks red, the camera is attempting to turn left every 15 seconds (it's already at the endpoint, so it just makes a buzzing noise as it tries to turn but doesn't move). Through the phone camera, I could see that the IR LEDs light up, then turn off during the camera's rotation, and then, when the camera stops rotating, they start blinking, turning on and off quickly several times, which is also audible as the camera clicks when switching from IR mode.

I tried unplugging and plugging the camera back into power several times, as well as restarting it using the button near the SD card (10sec and also longer), but nothing helped. Is there anything I can do with the camera, or is my only option to return it? I am very disappointed as the camera is only a few months old, and I rely heavily on it, which is very unfortunate because I won't be able to get another one over the weekend.

The camera has the latest firmware, there was no power outage, the power adapter is plugged directly into the socket without any extension cord, and the signal strength is very good. I recorded a video and uploaded it to YouTube, here is the link . I also enabled diagnostics before switching to night mode. I can open the log file in an text editor and post the text here, if you wish.

Thank you very much for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:The C520WS V1 camera is stuck in night mode and is not responding
2024-08-05 09:44:30

@Vojtas 

Hi,
1. Please remove the SD card from the camera, reboot it or factory reset it, and then check if it will work.

2. If the problem remains, you can contact your retailer or local team to check if the camera is under warranty.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 133

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles