C110 unable to download video clips but I can play them from the SD card

2024-07-25 18:43:24 - last edited 2024-08-02 11:49:34
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Another day, another Tapo problem

I recently purchased a Tapo C110 I can record to the SD card but can't download the clips, constantly getting "Download failed" errors.

I also seem unable to use the video record function on any of my Tapo cameras getting a message "error please try again later"

All the cameras are up to date with their firmware and have been reset, restarted and god knows what else to try and use the functionality.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C110 unable to download video clips but I can play them from the SD card-Solution
2024-07-26 07:42:58 - last edited 2024-08-02 11:49:34

@knowledgeseeker 

Hi, 
1. Please ensure your phone and the camera are connected to the same Wi-Fi, turn off the mobile data on your phone, and then check if you can download the video clips from the SD card on the Tapo app.

2. You can try the following steps if the two issues you mentioned remain.
  1) Temporarily disable any VPN apps or other security software with VPN mechanisms that may be affecting the network connection to see if it helps.
  2) Clean the app caches on your phone for a try. 
  3) If you have another phone or tablet, try installing the Tapo app to troubleshoot whether the issue is specific to a particular device.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:C110 unable to download video clips but I can play them from the SD card-Solution
2024-07-26 07:42:58 - last edited 2024-08-02 11:49:34

@knowledgeseeker 

Hi, 
1. Please ensure your phone and the camera are connected to the same Wi-Fi, turn off the mobile data on your phone, and then check if you can download the video clips from the SD card on the Tapo app.

2. You can try the following steps if the two issues you mentioned remain.
  1) Temporarily disable any VPN apps or other security software with VPN mechanisms that may be affecting the network connection to see if it helps.
  2) Clean the app caches on your phone for a try. 
  3) If you have another phone or tablet, try installing the Tapo app to troubleshoot whether the issue is specific to a particular device.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 1

Related Articles