Unable to download video clips

2024-04-13 12:19:22 - last edited 2024-04-19 09:28:21
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

Hi, when I try to download my sd card video clips I get the message " unable to download clips, your phone is not connected to the same network as your camera" the problem is the same on my phone and tablet, I can view and download my Kasa cam on the Tapo app no problem

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to download video clips-Solution
2024-04-15 11:14:37 - last edited 2024-04-19 09:28:21

@Pedroh 

Hi,
Currently, you can download the Tapo&Kasa camera's cloud video recordings remotely and locally. However, the video recordings stored on the SD card can be downloaded from the local network only.
If you want to download the SD card video clips:
1) Please ensure your phone and tablet are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi as the camera. 
2) If still have an issue, try to force close the Tapo app, clean the app caches, and log in to the Tapo app again to download the video clips.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Unable to download video clips-Solution
2024-04-15 11:14:37 - last edited 2024-04-19 09:28:21

@Pedroh 

Hi,
Currently, you can download the Tapo&Kasa camera's cloud video recordings remotely and locally. However, the video recordings stored on the SD card can be downloaded from the local network only.
If you want to download the SD card video clips:
1) Please ensure your phone and tablet are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi as the camera. 
2) If still have an issue, try to force close the Tapo app, clean the app caches, and log in to the Tapo app again to download the video clips.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to download video clips
2024-04-15 13:19:25

@Solla-topee  Hi, at the moment I'm only using the sd card because I'm using my network to view all of the sd clips on my tablet/phone, which seems funny to be able to view the clips on my sd card but not download them even though they are on the same network.

Regards Pedroh

Options
2024-04-16 12:18:52

@Pedroh 

Hi,
If your phone and tablet are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi as the camera but fail to download the video clips on the SD card, please try to force close the Tapo app, clean the app caches, and log in to the Tapo app again to download the video clips.

If the problem remains, please help check the IP address on your phone and the camera, try to ping the camera's IP on your phone, and can you ping it successfully?

You can also try to disconnect the internet cable to your router, but make sure your camera and your phone are connected to the Wi-Fi network, then force close the Tapo app, reopen it, and check if you can download the video clips on the SD card.

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-21 13:32:20

@Solla-topee "However, the video recordings stored on the SD card can be downloaded from the local network only"

This is very limiting, and it does not match what other manufacturers offer - if I knew this I wouldn't have bought this camera in the first place.
Let me give you one scenario:  I left for a business trip for 2 weeks. Somebody broke into my appartment, and I saw them the next day (checking out playback videos connected to the camera remotely). I am still not back home (returning next week), and I want to save these videos to my cell phone so that I can have video proof for my insurance, police etc... They will be overwritten when the card gets full.

You're saying that it is not possible because I have them recorded on the SD card???

It is major drawback of this device...

Options
2024-08-22 06:17:30

@EdSpa 

Hi,
Since there is no problem watching the video clips stored on the SD card via the Tapo app remotely, you can use the phone's Screen Recorder feature to record the video clips you need when watching them via the Tapo app, and the recorded video clips will be stored on your phone then.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Please explain how to do this.  

I was able to download clips while in the same area as my home - I thought at the office as well as at home.  Perhaps I was wrong.

Once i arrived in Europe I began getting this message.

It's a little concerning.

Options
a week ago

@Kostia999 Hi, what instructions do you need? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1274

Replies: 7

Related Articles