Massive energy consumption spikes in energy monitoring not matching power graph

2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo P304M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi TP-Link Support,

I'm using a P304M to monitor the power of a few desktop PCs. Most of the time the data looks reasonably correct, but every week or so I get a massive spike of energy consumption that is clearly incorrect (over 100 kWH power consumption in an hour on a single socket used by a single desktop tower that does not draw more than 500W) that does not match what is shown in the 24 hour/7 day power graph.

For example, just today on 4th October I see a 132.5 kWh spike that is way beyond the norm.

Daily Energy Graph for 4th/3rd October as comparison: It is showing a single 132 kWH consumption within a single hour between 2-3AM.

Power Graph (24 hour / 7 days). It is clear within 2-3AM of 4th Oct, power draw did not exceed 500W.

This affects all the sockets that have other lower power components connected such as monitors/speakers and each of them occasionally spikes way beyond the expected use. Is there any way to correct this error as it makes the data a lot harder to interpret when I have to manually cull some values every few days, and the accurate power graph is not saved after 7 days.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Massive energy consumption spikes in energy monitoring not matching power graph
a week ago

@DaNuker 

Can you send the Mac address of your device to me via private message? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 107

Replies: 1

Related Articles