Tapo
Tapo
2024-07-27 08:28:42
Tags: #Smart Actions #tapo
Model: Tapo S200D  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 231121 Rel.092444

Hi,

I have been having problems with my Tapo S200D lightswitch the last couple of days or perhaps a problem with the device it is meant to be triggering instead. 

It is meant to turn on and off the Kasa KL130 lightbulb, but isn't doing anymore. Nor is it turning on a Kasa smart plug either. I can see that it is being pressed in the app and can control the Kasa devices in both Kasa & Tapo apps. It seems like there's some sort of issue with the Tapo/Kasa integration and maybe an update? Can anyone advise? I have tried setting the switch to control a Tapo bulb that I have and that works fine.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo
2024-07-29 08:59:11

@GoingGoingJohn 

Can you share your automation settings here? Is there any error reported in the automation History? 

Check here for more suggestions: Troubleshooting: Smart Action (Automation/Shortcut) Doesn't Take Effect

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-07-29 13:46:39

@Wayne-TP 

Is this what you're after?

I was playing around with it yesterday (hence the Vera automation). It has always worked historically and just stopped a couple of days. I didn't change anything. I can't clock on the red exclamation mark icon for more details.

Options
2024-07-30 07:00:20

@GoingGoingJohn 

Please check whether the KL130 bulb can be controlled remotely (e.g. use cellular data) with Kasa or Tapo App? Automation is a cloud feature that requires smart devices to be connected to the cloud.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-07-30 07:34:50

@Wayne-TP 

Yes, I can turn the bulb on using the app and via Smartthings.

I have tested the button/switch and the bulb with other devices and they work fine. It does seem to be an integration issue between Tapo and Kasa devices as far as I can tell.

Options
2024-07-31 11:50:47

@GoingGoingJohn 

Can you send the Mac address of your KL130 to me via PM?

Options
2024-08-01 11:50:54

@Wayne-TP 

I've just sent this over - I think. Might have sent it twice. 

It's been quite problematic as I have replaced the normal lightswitch with the Tapo S200B. I am having to use the the app and or another button to turn the bedroom light on and off each time I enter or leave the room.

I also tried removing the lightbulb and re-adding it, but getting the same results.

Options
2024-08-04 16:55:09

@Wayne-TP 

This started working the same night after I sent my last message. Did you do something to fix it? Interested in what the problem was if it was you? Assuming you work for TP-Link? 

Options