Cloud & Micro SD card Storage

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Hi Team,

I recently purchased the D230S1 and am currently using the TAPO CARE 30-day free trial, however, once that runs out I was going to upgrade my Tapo Care subscription to store future footage in the cloud. But I'm wondering if I should purchase a 512GB Micro SD card for the Hub instead. What are everyone's thoughts on either option?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cloud & Micro SD card Storage-Solution

@Joker_1660 

Hi,
You can choose to subscribe to the Tapo Care service or insert an SD card in the hub to save detection video clips. You can also choose to use both services at the same time. 
The main difference between them is that Tapo Care needs an internet connection to upload the video to the cloud server, while using the SD card plan saves the video clips locally and is closely related to the SD card performance, you can refer to the instructions below to find an SD card for your camera.
What Type of microSD Card does Tapo Camera Support?
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cloud & Micro SD card Storage-Solution

@Joker_1660 

Hi,
You can choose to subscribe to the Tapo Care service or insert an SD card in the hub to save detection video clips. You can also choose to use both services at the same time. 
The main difference between them is that Tapo Care needs an internet connection to upload the video to the cloud server, while using the SD card plan saves the video clips locally and is closely related to the SD card performance, you can refer to the instructions below to find an SD card for your camera.
What Type of microSD Card does Tapo Camera Support?
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cloud & Micro SD card Storage
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Thank you.

Options
Re:Cloud & Micro SD card Storage
2 weeks ago
Options

Information