EAP225 Outdoor Standalone mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-03 10:30:44 - last edited 2023-03-03 11:02:21
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.09.Build 20220429 Rel. 43558

Hi
after a long time now I would like use my EAP225 Outdoor V1 in standalone mode. After define static IP address (192.168.x.2) behind the internet router (192.168.x.1), the accesspoint works ~30 minutes longer after switching off the PC in the network. Access to the Internet from a mobile device via an access point to the router and then to the Internet is no longer possible. Access to the WEB via the access point only works again after I have switched this PC back on. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here???? I would like to have access to the WEB, but without a PC in network.

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP225 Outdoor Standalone mode
2023-03-04 09:22:25

Hi  @IBS 

We also don't know why you need to connect PC back to the network to make the EAP work again. But the problem could be on the Ethernet connection from your Router to the PoE injector.

Please try a short Ethernet cable(within 2m) to connect your main router and the PoE injector LAN port. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-06 09:15:24

Hi @Hank21 

thank you for reply. All cables for EAP-225 are CAT7 with length below 60cm to switch. From switch to router length of cable is 15m with CAT7 also.
An general question. in most pictures of EAP-225 standalone mode an host is visible??! What does it mean - I'm confused.

Which parts are minimal necessary for full operation in standalone mode: router, switch (unmanaged) and EAP225-outdoor?

Options
2023-03-06 10:18:51

Hi @IBS 

Router, switch (unmanaged) and EAP225-outdoor, that's good enough. 

However may I know the model number of your switch? Are you using the switch PoE port to power on the EAP?

Just in case, could you please try to power on the EAP via it's own PoE injector?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-07 17:42:49

@IBS 

I suspect the issue may be some kind of ARP timeout on your router, whereby without regular traffic inbound from the AP via the unmanaged switch, your router 'loses' contact with the IP assigned.  Consequently you may be able to 'fix' this by simply doing a DHCP address reservation for the AP on your router (instead of static config on the AP) and set the DHCP lease time to be 15min (anything <30min).  That will cause regular traffic which will keep the ARP table (maps IPs to switch ports effectively) refreshed.  Alternatively, find a way to generate regular traffic from the AP...like and SNMP poll etc etc. so that it stays 'visible' even when no clients are iconnected.

Did you start with a factory defaulted AP, before assigning the static?

Where and how exactly is the PC connected into the network and is it wired or wireless?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 4

Related Articles