Decco XE75 Pro not working with Frontier FIOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-28 05:06:10
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I have had nothing but problems with the Decco mesh router since I purchased it last fall (2-pack).

The Decco is connected via Ethernet directly to the FIOS box from Frontier. 

TP-link has already replaced one of the units after troubleshooting, but the problems persist.

Here is my issue:

1. Whenever I make a change to the Decco settings and the Decco reboots it can no longer connect to the internet. The LED turns red and I have no internet. I have tried
    • to reboot the router and FIOS box in different orders, for different times
    • Cloned the MAC address from the Decco router (since it is the one registered with the service provider) to my desktop, I can access the internet
    • Cloned the MAC address from the Decco router to my old Archer C9 routher, I can access the internet
    • factory reset the Decco, still the same problem
  2. Today it was evern stranger: 
    • I tried to change the IoT network from 2.4GHz to 2.4 and 5 GHz
    • Tapped save in the app, a spinning cicle is show, decco reboots
    • Red LED. HOWEVER I can still connect to the interent on the 2.4GHz IoT network from my desktop computer
    • None of the other networks have an internt connection
    • The app still shows IoT network as 2.4GHz only
    • Tried changing the IoT network again to have 2.4GHz and 5GHz, this time the app does not freeze, but shows IoT as both 2.4 and 5 GHz
    • disconected and reconnected wifi on my desktop, ran speedtest, now 5GHz but speedtest only shows a download speed, then stops
    • Rebotted Decco network again
    • LED still red, but IoT network shows both upload and download speeds consitent with 5GHz, and connected to 5GHz
    • none of the other networks (standard and guest) have interent connection when conneted to
    • Rebooted FIOS access point
    • connected the Decco to old Archer C9, still red LED, even after rebooting
    • Howver, normal network has internet connection when connected
    • gest network no internet
    • IoT network no internet
    • Rebooted Decco again, this time the green light comes on briefly, then turns yellow and green a few times, then red
    • Reset Decco to factory settings, set it up again, no internet connection
    • Connected the old Archer C9 router, no problem Internet OK
    • Connected Decco via Archer C9, no internet

I am about to give up on these devices, simply too much troble to get them working, unless anybody has any smart ideas of what the problem could be.

Thanks, 

Andreas

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 376

Replies: 0

Related Articles