Using AC2300 as wifi AP with Verizon FIOS G3100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-11 20:23:47
Tags: #Access Point
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ???

I have a verizon fios G3100 router, which has (poor) wifi, and I am trying to completely replace the wifi function with the Archer AC2300.  I believe I should be able to do this by exactly following the steps in the "quickstart" to switch it to AP mode.  But once I do this, and it reboots, I can no longer  get on the AC23000's wifi network.  I did a reset and restored factory settings, and I will do it again, but I am pretty sure I've been following teh instructions properly.

Is there something else I need to do?  Help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using AC2300 as wifi AP with Verizon FIOS G3100
2022-08-11 22:35:44

@rlyacht,

If you're looking to replace the Wi-Fi function of your Verizon Fios router completely, I would recommend looking at the settings in the Verizon router for either bridge mode or to disable the wireless functionality. This way you will not have to place the TP-Link router into access point mode in the first place. Essentially, this setting would turn your fios router into a modem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 1

Tags

Access Point
Related Articles