WiFi router question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi router question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi router question
WiFi router question
2020-12-15 21:26:42 - last edited 2020-12-15 21:54:12

I don't have any WiFi at the moment can I just buy a WiFi router and use it like that or do I need WiFi with a company right now

Options
4 Reply
Re:WiFi router question
2020-12-15 21:45:06
You can click on reply so all of the posts stays stay together and we get notified when you answer. In order to have internet, you need some type of ISP (internet service provider). They may want to rent you the equipment (modem/router), but for many ISP, you can buy your own modem and router. See for more info https://www.thesimpledollar.com/save-money/internet-service-providers/
Options
2020-12-15 21:46:45

@Connor811 so the router just helps your internet be stronger it don't serve as it's own internet?

Options
2020-12-15 21:47:42 - last edited 2020-12-15 21:54:12

@Connor811 cause I just moved in and I thought I can buy that as it's own WiFi and pay it like monthly

Options
2020-12-15 22:04:20
You select an ISP such as xfinity, AT&T, and the like. They will connect your home to the internet. They will try and rent you a gateway (modem/router) and they or you will set it up and you are all set to go. You will pay a monthly fee to them for the internet plus equipment rental, plus taxes and fees, and plus any other services you select such as TV and phone. To save money in the long run, by buying your own equipment which is a cost saver but can be a bit of aggravation if you have any issues. You only save on the rental of the equipment which is only a small portion of the ISP monthly bill.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 4

Related Articles