Archer C4000 - needs daily reboot + factory reset itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-24 01:55:00
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901(5553)

Hello,

Just recently, as of last night, my router reset itself.  I woke up and it was back to factory settings.  I'm concerned that this may happen again and that it may happen when I'm not home.  I have automated daily reboots, see below, but this seems to have been before then.

Also, this has been an issue since I purchased the unit, I need to reboot the unit daily.  If I don't, it's stops working - dropping packets for wifi devices and possibly wired.  It wasn't this many devices when the issue starting occurring, but currently, I have 23 wireless devices (mostly IoT) and 4 wired.

Is the above somewhat normal behavior - IE, are folks seeing the same sort of issue(s)?  Anything I can do to mitigate them?  I was kind of OK with the daily reboots, but the factory reset really concerns me.  I bought my unit from Costco about a year and half ago - near the start of pandemic lockdown in the US - and I'm not sure if I can return it.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C4000 - needs daily reboot + factory reset itself
2021-10-24 11:43:47

@vipool 

A few things I would check.

• Be sure the firmware is up to date
  • Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the uint.
  • If you have a UPS and/or surge protector, try bypassing it for a bit.
  • Use a good extension cord and connect to a different outlet that is on a different breaker.
  • If you have any USB devices attached, such as a disk drive or printer, disconnect it for a bit. 
  • Disconnect your Ethernet devices to see it that helps.
  • Be sure there is good air flow around the unit to prevent overheating.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 807

Replies: 1

Related Articles