Need help! Constant "Device Disconnected" Tether App notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-24 19:02:35
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel.37999(5553)

We have an Archer C7 Wireless AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Router (V5), and in almost two years have seldom had issues. In fact, that's why we got this router, because prior to it we had a different version of this same router, but it was taken out in a storm.

Anyway, a few days ago I wanted to check for a firmware update, but when I went to the default management page (tplinkwifi.net) it kept saying the page wasn't there. I cleared my browser data, but that didn't resolve the issue. Then I tried the default IP, which redirected me back to tplinkwifi.net and it suddenly worked. It said the firmware was up-to-date, and I rebooted the router in hopes of resolving whatever had caused the page to previously not work.

Since then I've received the same Tether app notification saying, "* has disconnected from the Archer_C7's network", which I'm getting an average of every 15 minutes, and is driving me batshit crazy! The problem is, we use Access Control, and there are 30+ devices whitelisted, but none are named with just an *. I've looked everywhere in the app and management page, but can't find anything to help me identify what device this could be.

Does anyone know how I can figure out what device it is that I'm getting these notifications for?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds and tries to save my sanity!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 674

Replies: 0

Related Articles