SD card not initializing .

2024-08-13 02:28:44 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

I recently purchased 10 TAPO C500 cameras and some 2K TAPO cameras. The first three cameras I installed with Micro-SD cards (A2 V30 U3) from Amazon, and both the cameras and the Micro-SD cards are working fine.

However, the remaining TAPO C500 cameras are not initializing the Micro-SD cards. I followed the application guidance for formatting and checked the SD card’s statistics using software recommended by a TAPO live agent (writing speed: 39 Mbps, reading speed: 75 Mbps). Despite this, I keep receiving the same error message: “Something wrong with Micro SD card.” I even bought another Micro-SD card from Best Buy and tried it, but the issue persists. Now, I’m stuck and looking for a solution to install my other seven devices.

Any suggestion or solution will be appreciated. 

Thank You For Reading. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SD card not initializing .-Solution
2024-08-16 03:04:41 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@TP5990 

What's the brand and model of the MicroSD card you purchased? Click here to check about What Type of microSD Card does Tapo/Kasa Camera Support?

Do the results of SD card testing through computer software show anything unusual? Please share the test results here. Camera needs to verify the entire storage space of the SD card. Do not partition the SD card separately, otherwise camera may not be able to identify it correctly.

Can you also share a screenshot of the error you see in the Tapo App?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:SD card not initializing .-Solution
2024-08-16 03:04:41 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@TP5990 

What's the brand and model of the MicroSD card you purchased? Click here to check about What Type of microSD Card does Tapo/Kasa Camera Support?

Do the results of SD card testing through computer software show anything unusual? Please share the test results here. Camera needs to verify the entire storage space of the SD card. Do not partition the SD card separately, otherwise camera may not be able to identify it correctly.

Can you also share a screenshot of the error you see in the Tapo App?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 173

Replies: 1

Related Articles