C200 keeps on panning and resetting position by itself

2024-04-13 18:48:48 - last edited 2024-04-19 09:28:45
Tags: #moving
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

For some reason my C200 has started panning left & right, then up & down, and then back to its original position by itself. Before it does this it makes a loud click sound. It's happened 3 times today already. It's not motion tracking as I have that turned off.

Anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C200 keeps on panning and resetting position by itself-Solution
2024-04-18 08:48:05 - last edited 2024-04-19 09:28:45

@Dunmer 

Hi,
We just released the instructions that may help in this case, you can refer to the tips one by one to troubleshoot and let me know the test results.
What Can I Do if My Camera Frequently Stucks or Reboots?
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:C200 keeps on panning and resetting position by itself
2024-04-15 11:22:30

@Dunmer 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information for the reported case.
1. Have you rebooted the camera before the camera rotates itself? Have you enabled the Auto Reboot feature on the camera's Device Settings>Reboot Camera page?
2. Before the camera rotates, have you clicked on the Pan & Tilt Correction button on the Tapo app?
3. Did the camera work fine?
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-15 21:53:41

@Solla-topee 

1) No I haven't rebooted the camera, autoreboot is turned off

2) No I haven't clicked the pan and tilt

3) Did the camera work fine? What do you mean? Do you mean is there a picture? If so then yes, there is a picture.

Options
2024-04-17 09:36:54

@Dunmer 

Hi,
The case phenomenon seems that the camera is rebooting itself, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Have you used the original power adapter to power the camera? Does the problem happen at night?
If you are not using the original power adapter to power the camera now, please try to change the power adapter.

2. Please pay attention to the LED status on the camera when the problem happens, and let me know the LED changes to judge if the camera is rebooting.

3. If you have an SD card inserted into the camera, have you enabled continuous recording? If yes, go to the camera's Live View>Playback & Downloads>Playback>SD card page to check if the recording is empty when the camera rotates itself.

4. Whether the camera connects to the third-party programs via RTSP/ONVIF stream? If yes, disconnect them for a try.

5. You can also try to factory reset the camera and reconfigure it, then check if it will work fine.

Best Regards

Options
2024-04-17 18:32:45

@Solla-topee 

1) I am using the original power adapter

2) Don't know, haven't managed to see the LED status yet

3) Continuous recording is not enabled. I did watch the camera while it was rotating itself and it continued working, but the movement detection didn't trigger any recording

4) I don't know what third party programs you mean. It just connects to the Tapo app and my wifi

5) I did already reset the camera but there was no change in behaviour

Options
Re:C200 keeps on panning and resetting position by itself-Solution
2024-04-18 08:48:05 - last edited 2024-04-19 09:28:45

@Dunmer 

Hi,
We just released the instructions that may help in this case, you can refer to the tips one by one to troubleshoot and let me know the test results.
What Can I Do if My Camera Frequently Stucks or Reboots?
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-12 16:10:02
I am also having the same issue with my camera (C211). Did you find a solution to fix it?
Options
2024-07-12 16:12:46

@npuerto Nope. It just randomly started happening and nothing I tried has stopped it.

Options
2024-07-15 06:51:31

@npuerto @Dunmer 

Hi,
Please refer to the instructions to troubleshoot and let me know the test results if you want to continue troubleshooting, and our team will help to solve the issue.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 719

Replies: 8

Tags

moving
Related Articles